Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cb-77 restoration

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:05 am

Lee, mate, where's your sense of adventure(!)? Just mount a 3-mtr 15º up-ramp at the edge of the porch and fly it off the end, landing rear-wheel-first, Evel Knievel stylee!

Nice work with the heatshrink boots. One note of caution: invest in an electric heat gun. They're cheap enough and will scorch the cable much less than a blowtorch ~ in fact, not at all, if you're careful.

Great narratives, as always, Lee!!

clarenceada
honda305.com Member

Post by clarenceada » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Lee, just got a chance to set and read your journal of all the hard work you have done on your bike and it gives another retired geezzer, me, the courage to go on with the battle of dismantling an old bike and do it with-out the proper tools. Congratulation on how good the bike looks. In one of the pictures the paint looks like it has metal flakes in it, is that right?
Clarence

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

happy to inspire

Post by jleewebb » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Very happy to inspire. Please let us know how your project goes. Silver and blue are closest matches we could get to Imron color codes widely posted here. I think silver (Mazda sunbeam silver) is a little more metallic/irridescent than original. Sparkles you see may be result of pixels in photo, try double clicking on photo, then zooming in to see if sparkles don't tone down a bit.

USPS screwed up delivery of my new carb so no ride 'til monday at least, darnit. Still learning patience. Thanks for your support. --Lee

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: happy to inspire

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:50 am

I show USPS tried to deliver carb Friday. ............lm

jleewebb wrote:Very happy to inspire. Please let us know how your project goes. Silver and blue are closest matches we could get to Imron color codes widely posted here. I think silver (Mazda sunbeam silver) is a little more metallic/irridescent than original. Sparkles you see may be result of pixels in photo, try double clicking on photo, then zooming in to see if sparkles don't tone down a bit.

USPS screwed up delivery of my new carb so no ride 'til monday at least, darnit. Still learning patience. Thanks for your support. --Lee
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

ftusps

Post by jleewebb » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:42 am

That's what they say. If they tried to deliver they didn't try very hard, I was here. They say they left a notice, too, but I never saw one. Partly my fault, I assumed my regular carrier would bring it with rest of mail, but apparently they sent some dummy who's not familiar with my neighborhood. Postal Paul would have brought package up to house and checked out the bike while he was here. I should have checked online again when he didn't bring it Friday, but I just figured it got here too late to make it into his mailbag/minivan Friday morning. When I checked after it didn't come in regular mail Saturday, I got the bad news. That was at 2:25, darned P.O. closed at 2:30. Sigh. Never had this problem with UPS or Fedex. Oh, well, patience, patience. I got so mad I had to chug two beers and take a nap. Better now. I'll pick it up Monday. Thanks, Lee

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

first ride

Post by jleewebb » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I don't have time to do a full update. Rode the bike yesterday and today, it goes like a scalded dog. Wonderful. First ride on any bike since 1980 at least, but it's all coming back. Thanks for your support, I just had to tell someone. --Lee
Attachments
Bike looks good at 30 feet, 30 mph, 20-30 vision. I put the flipper, badges, etc. on later. Some kind of superstition?
Bike looks good at 30 feet, 30 mph, 20-30 vision. I put the flipper, badges, etc. on later. Some kind of superstition?
On pavement at last.
On pavement at last.
and away.JPG
onto the ground.JPG
My whole pit crew showed up to take pictures and spot me going off the ramp. They insisted I wear the helmet.
My whole pit crew showed up to take pictures and spot me going off the ramp. They insisted I wear the helmet.

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Awesome. Very exciting. The second photo is my favorite.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home