Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

How To ? on petcock rebuild

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
LittleRock
honda305.com Member

How To ? on petcock rebuild

Post by LittleRock » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:36 pm

I have the petcock apart and am trying to use a rebuild kit. Doea the center piece where the two tubes come down, unscrew from the top. My tank was very dry and I am afraid I will damage or ruin parts if I apply force where I shouldn't. I cannot tell how the new plastic round part is installed as a replacement. Thanks for help. Terry

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: How To ? on petcock rebuild

Post by kustommusic » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:18 pm

L.R., No the center piece is one with the outlet nipples(sounds like Karma) Only unscrew the bowl from the body of the p/c. If your plastic round part has 3 holes in it then that goes behind the rotary knob. Remove the two screws that hold the retainer and the knob will come off and give you access to that round part. try that! good Luck, Steve Greer

LittleRock
honda305.com Member

Post by LittleRock » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:35 pm

I don't hace the petcock in hand now but I don't think there were 2 screws. Inside there was a flattened x shaped (?copper) piece that may have been bradded in place around the outlet tubes. My petcock has a handle that slides freely but seemed to have little effect on the flow through the tubes. It looks like something is going to have to come apart to use this new rubbery plastic piece with the formerly mentioned outlet nipples on it. Are there differnt style petcocks for the Dream? Thanks for helping me Steve, Terry

LittleRock
honda305.com Member

Post by LittleRock » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:30 pm

It just pops apart, I have it rebuilt now! Thanks

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:39 pm

L.R. My mistake! Thought you were doing a CB. But glad to hear you got it. Steve

tintin
honda305.com Member

Post by tintin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Yep - resistant. I'm using it to repair the small holes in the bowl of my petcock. I'll be rebuilding it with the help of this thread. I don't have a Dream - a 150 C95 Benly (Canadian model with signals).

http://www.jbweld.net/faq.php

Q: Is J-B Weld resistant to water and/or gasoline?

A: When fully cured, J-B Weld is completely resistant to water, gasoline, and about every other petroleum product or automotive chemical. For wet-surface or submerged water or gasoline repairs, see our J-B Stik or Waterweld product information.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home