Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

transmition problems please help!

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
cooper
honda305.com Member

Post by cooper » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 am

davomoto wrote:Rotate the kick shaft forward until it locks, sort of, into place. Hold it there while spinning the trans, and noises should disappear. When the right sidecvover is installed, the kickstart spring will hold the shaft in this position.

davomoto
This was it... this very first reply was the solution... I don't know, I guess my brain just didnt register what you said and I went in some other direction. Now that i figured it out reading back over this post it's so simple. i wasnt turning the shaft hard enough to lock it into place... basicy what the spring and the case will do once they are installed.

I still have broken elements in the case and the KS-spline is bent and a few other parts are damaged so I will be looking for a new transmission.

thanks you all for your help, sorry my crazy obsessive brain got fixed on the wrong path.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Nothing wrong with your communication ablity; just the pic was a bit close, as Ed said. Very informative and astute descriptions; it's not your fault the parts book was written by someone with poor technical interpretation.

I'll have a complete geartrain coming up for grabs in the forthcoming month or two.

cooper
honda305.com Member

Post by cooper » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

e3steve wrote:Nothing wrong with your communication ablity; just the pic was a bit close, as Ed said. Very informative and astute descriptions; it's not your fault the parts book was written by someone with poor technical interpretation.

I'll have a complete geartrain coming up for grabs in the forthcoming month or two.
Thanks, I appreciate that!

Keep me posted on that geartrain, there is too much damage to mine to put back in and hope for the best.

coop

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home