Admirers

transmition problems please help!

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 pm

I see the pic. What location is it?????????. ....lm

cooper wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Where is the location of the broken part??????????. ...........lm
LM- I think you may have missed my last post on page one. I quoted a section from it blow. If you missed this post I go into detail about the problem.

The break is located on the inside of the bottom half of the crank case just between the resting points for both shafts. Refer to the photo below. You will notice that it looks as if something has been sheered off, where I have circled in red.

I believe that what ever was sheered/broken off is what disengages the ratchet/pawl? yes/no?

jwbert
honda305.com Member

Post by jwbert » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:06 pm

What disengages the pawl is the large bolt that goes through the case under the clutch that is also the pivot point for the shift indexing lever. I think the broken area is meaningless.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

May be but where is it?. ..............lm

jwbert wrote:What disengages the pawl is the large bolt that goes through the case under the clutch that is also the pivot point for the shift indexing lever. I think the broken area is meaningless.
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

cooper
honda305.com Member

Post by cooper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:May be but where is it?. ..............lm
The location of the BREAK is on the inside of the lower engine case, on the KS side, just below and to the right of the seat for the KS-shaft. The picture is of the inside of the case. you will notice that you can see the revers side of where the engine stop bolt comes out of in the lower left corner of the photo, and to the right where I have circled is where the break is. the pieces that is broken off, I cant find.

If it is true that the KS-stop bolt has two functions then that gives me something to work with, and figure out what I am doing wrong. However if the stop bolt's function is to only STOP the pawl then I need to know what part disengages the PAWL so that it will spin free.

my only issue right now is that the pawl will NOT disengage the gear. it stops when I spin it clockwise and it stops when I spin it counterclockwise.

please tell me that I am making sense... if not I need to put a phone call in to someone because my ability to communicate on here must be bad.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Please send a pic taken farther away so I can get a better idea. ..........lm

cooper wrote:
The location of the BREAK is on the inside of the lower engine case, on the KS side, just below and to the right of the seat for the KS-shaft. The picture is of the inside of the case. you will notice that you can see the revers side of where the engine stop bolt comes out of in the lower left corner of the photo, and to the right where I have circled is where the break is. the pieces that is broken off, I cant find.

If it is true that the KS-stop bolt has two functions then that gives me something to work with, and figure out what I am doing wrong. However if the stop bolt's function is to only STOP the pawl then I need to know what part disengages the PAWL so that it will spin free.

my only issue right now is that the pawl will NOT disengage the gear. it stops when I spin it clockwise and it stops when I spin it counterclockwise.

please tell me that I am making sense... if not I need to put a phone call in to someone because my ability to communicate on here must be bad.
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

cooper wrote:

RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

cooper wrote:

RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home