Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Japan Meets Britain

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
downtoscratch
honda305.com Member

Post by downtoscratch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:14 am

Vince, You're one hail and hardy Honda enthusiast! Is it Lupo or loopy!?? I think your Super Hawk is
the bomb. My favorite elements are the black cylinder sleeve and that mirror..... stickers not so much
but hey it's a beauty! One last addition might be exhaust hoses routed from your mufflers to the bottom of your pants legs!!!! Thanks for the pictures. dts

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 am

Funny, but my wife calls me 'Loopy' as well -- hey, have you two been talking to each other?!

I had thought of going high piper style with the exhaust, or even two into one with the Gold Star muffler, but I guess you could look at it as more Rocket Gold Star style with two mufflers. Your suggestion might help keep my legs warm though....

Decals? Well yeah, it's probably not to everyone's tastes. But I just looked at those plain side covers, and to me they needed something. The crossed flags is kinda borrowed from a BSA Spitfire. The checkers on the tank and fenders are all hand painted, as are the headlight 'Special' and the wheel rim coach lines. It was threatening to get out of control, but I think the decals are as far as I wanted to take them. Plus, with the Esso Tiger, the IOM TT 1966 Races, 59 Club etc, I tried to keep it as 'period' as possible, at least in my little mind. The only addition that's left is a 1960 Ingersoll Triumph pocket watch for the handlebar holder that's coming from England. I think it will look better than the quartz Wenger that's currently on there. Hopefully with the revised front end it will survive the bumps!

It's now flurrying outside, though the weekend is supposed to be in the low 40s, so another shakedown ride may be in the works!
Attachments
Ingersoll.JPG

downtoscratch
honda305.com Member

Post by downtoscratch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:10 am

That's great stuff Vince...... good luck with that ensuing "heat wave". You really do need that stop watch! Too bad there's no calendar display on it though........ me thinks you don't know what time it is!!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:17 am

Yes, I guess I'm still imagining that it's already Spring (hey, two weeks 'til Groundhog Day!). But, I was raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so I'm more than familiar with cold weather.

I'm slightly jealous that you're in Florida....I guess 60 is considered cold down there???

downtoscratch
honda305.com Member

Post by downtoscratch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 am

You've got that right!! You've no doubt heard of frozen orange juice!!! That Alberta Clipper has no respect for our Sunshine State. dts

Gun
honda305.com Member

Post by Gun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I agree on the side covers. when i get around to it i plan on throwing a sticker on there. sticker of choice? well me and my buddies have our own little joke biker club called the Dead-Sea Gulls, a tribute to the great salt lake and utah where we were all born.
Attachments
DEADSEA.jpg
'65 CB77
'66 CB450k0
'93 HD FXR

Gun
honda305.com Member

Post by Gun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

looks awfully canadian flagish to me now though. i know why, but everytime i change it for a new look, i dislike it. maybe a white circle instead of white bars :/
'65 CB77
'66 CB450k0
'93 HD FXR

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home