□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Mike Mullins
honda305.com Member

Post by Mike Mullins » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 am

Superhawk #4 just entered the basement. Its an old style bobber (its actually growing on me.) with bent front fork tubes, a fiberglass gas tank ( leaking badly) and although its a '66, it has early iron slider forks with an early style counter rotating speedo/tach unit. Some one back in the day moved the ignition switch to the left side of the headlight nacelle. Actually a nice touch.
Also has a homemade (but nicely done) scrambler style exhaust with little bitty mufflers on the end. Doesnt look to need much to get running-usual rear sprocket, tires + tubes, swap front ends with one of the parts bikes, and some odds and ends like seat bolts, etc.
Looking forward to getting this one running and riding it to work next summer. The parts swapping begins after Christmas !!!!
Mike Mullins
Attachments
cb 77 compressed.jpg
Last edited by Mike Mullins on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ekim
honda305.com Member

Post by ekim » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am

You have to know a post about a new bike is useless without pictures!
67 cb77 Superhawk - newest project

78 cb750k Caferacer (sort of)

Mike Mullins
honda305.com Member

Post by Mike Mullins » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:02 pm

My wife went to a christening in Indianapolis this weekend and took the camera with her. I did take a couple of pics of it on the back of the Ranger when we got home. I did not have the camera to take any others. Besides, the basement is so full of motorcycles I dont know if I can get enough room to take a picture ! I will get a couple of pics and post them as soon as I can. This old bike is neat. The original owner mounted a nice little plate on the rear fender that says "1966 Honda Superhawk- 305 cc. NJ to Ca to NJ 7000 miles 1968." That stays on the bike for sure !
Mike

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home