cappinbob
honda305.com Member

Post by cappinbob » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:23 pm

wow, you did a really nice job, maybe i'll run into you riding
1967 superhawk

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Lovely, lovely looking job there, mate! If mine looks that good by Easter, I'll be ecstatically happy. I'm a bit of a purist, but I do love that front fender!

Take a bow!

Edit PS: I agree about the kickstart angle; I'd say it should be more or less pointing at the clutch cable entry.

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:18 am

i will do that when i get the new rear brake cable. when i first put on the kickstart i had it too far forward and my foot hit it. i will just have to play with locations, i will try what you guys are saying. it seems to be in an odd location regardless. I was going to get another front fender but ran out of money for now. I just put some insurance on it. went with liability. If i put a value on it they were trying to charge me over $300 a year! i guess i will take my chances. I have already had a few people asking me if it was for sale. I guess everything is for sale for the right money. What do these bikes normally sell for in this shape if i were to try to buy another one?
1965 superhawk...project
2007 honda spirit 1100 ridin bike

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 am

The gears have (.) and (O) on them and so should the kick lever have and the end of the gear have a (.) to align everything so when you install the cover the lever and the spring will be in the correct location to work properly. ..............lm

AWILLIAMS64 wrote:i will do that when i get the new rear brake cable. when i first put on the kickstart i had it too far forward and my foot hit it. i will just have to play with locations, i will try what you guys are saying. it seems to be in an odd location regardless. I was going to get another front fender but ran out of money for now. I just put some insurance on it. went with liability. If i put a value on it they were trying to charge me over $300 a year! i guess i will take my chances. I have already had a few people asking me if it was for sale. I guess everything is for sale for the right money. What do these bikes normally sell for in this shape if i were to try to buy another one?
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 am

i did do anything with the gear inside my cover,,not to say it is aligned up correctly from the previous owner. The kick lever was just missing. I will look for the marks you mentioned. I am having a blast riding this thing. Short story....I was riding this past sunday and i was at a light. A guy on a totally custom chopper came up beside me...probably about a $75k bike! and all he said was "that bike is #@@@@#### sweet" i was thinking the same thing about his bike, i guess a great classic bike gets just as much appreciation as a tricked out chopper!
1965 superhawk...project
2007 honda spirit 1100 ridin bike

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home