□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Survey on riding performance

ekim
honda305.com Member

Post by ekim » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Another round of applause for the man "LM". It appears that if he can't come up with an answer to a problem with a 305 then there probably isn't an answer or the problem is not as described!! We may not like his answer but that dosen't mean he's not right.
67 cb77 Superhawk - newest project

78 cb750k Caferacer (sort of)

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks ekim.
The big thing that can be difficult to determine as problems are brought to the forum is to know, "how old and experience", "any tools or manuals", "ever worked on anything that goes Put Put", and "is the question relevant to the actual problem with the Put Put". You all know for sure I get a Lot Testy when many questions are ask and it would appear that the person is Lazy and Just Taking The Easy route. As the saying goes (even back in 1963) "The carb problem is in direct proportion to the miss adjustment of the points" (timing)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ...........lm

ekim wrote:Another round of applause for the man "LM". It appears that if he can't come up with an answer to a problem with a 305 then there probably isn't an answer or the problem is not as described!! We may not like his answer but that dosen't mean he's not right.
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

deaddog
honda305.com Member

Post by deaddog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:00 am

LOUD MOUSE wrote: that the person is Lazy and Just Taking The Easy route.
I have always appreciated LM advice; even have a thread posted “A toast to Loud Mouse”
I don’t think I took the lazy route to this problem as any seasoned mechanic knows that an intermittent problem can be h*LL to solve. I posted the solution to help anyone who may be experiencing a similar problem.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:57 am

DD, I had a float problem on my CB where the l/h carb would overflow intermittently with anything more than around ¼-tank of fuel. I could make several rides with no problem then, out of the blue, drip, drip, drip! I forgot to turn off the petcock one evening and dumped about a litre on the garage floor overnight.

Ed's pre-occupation with float levels started nagging at the back of my mind, but I'd already checked them and, as a result, knew they were correct. So I re-read some of his posts, noting all the info. Bing! Lightbulb Moment! "Squeeze the floats together". Since then, all's been ticketyboo! All it was: float binding on the bowl/gasket.

LM: you're a lEDgend in your own lunchtime, me ol' fruitbat!
Last edited by e3steve on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ekim
honda305.com Member

Post by ekim » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:11 am

deaddog wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote: that the person is Lazy and Just Taking The Easy route.
I have always appreciated LM advice; even have a thread posted “A toast to Loud Mouse”
I don’t think I took the lazy route to this problem as any seasoned mechanic knows that an intermittent problem can be h*LL to solve. I posted the solution to help anyone who may be experiencing a similar problem.
dd, I don't think the Lazy and Just Taking the Easy route was directed to you personally, but it does fit a lot of people who don't know and are not willing to put the time and effort in to learn about there bikes. There's a guy on sohc4 forum that has a signature that says $18,000 for a bike doesn't mean your a biker and that applies here too. A good mechanic knows when to ask for help and you asked for help. I know I'm not in LM's league for 250/305 know how and even LM would be say he's been stumped a time or two.
67 cb77 Superhawk - newest project

78 cb750k Caferacer (sort of)

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home