Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

No spark

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Re: No spark

Post by ryan_siefrin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:21 pm

YEAH, i will admit i don't know very much, but i try. thanks for the info.<br /><br />also, looks like i have about the same problem, i rode my bike for like an hour and now i can't get it to start either, pretty much the same situation.
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:58 pm

thankful wrote:<br />Now were talking!<br /><br />Thats the type of info I need.<br /><br />Now as far as a book - tell me which one you suggest and I will go get it today for sure!!!<br /><br />
<br /><br />Start here: http://www.honda305.com/literature<br /><br />Also, the h305 Mailing List has close to 300 subscribers; free and self-serve; link from honda305 homepage and at the bottom of the h305 Forum.<br /><br />Please Note: the h305 Mailing List is email based and is a world unto itself. It exists in addition to this h305 Forum.

speleogeezer
honda305.com Member

Post by speleogeezer » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:27 pm

Folks--I'm new to forums but this looks like a great place to be. I seem to have the same problem with my 64 ca77 dream. First it ran well when I got it May 05 but after about 40 miles it choked, sputtered--both plugs were fouled. Changed plugs. fouled both again in about 2 miles. then--no spark. changed points, gapped .014 set the timing. No spark at plugs or points. Changed coil. nothing. went to change the condenser--why would the condenser be on top of the head with no way to unbolt it? YAAAAAAAAAA! Can I just connect up a new condenser, disconnect the old? I could check it with my multimeter if I knew what to look for (resistence etc). Any help would be great. Bob

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:25 pm

spel, Don't know if you have a digital or analog meter.So with a digital meter;(set to the highest ohm's scale) disconnect the condenser,attach the meter(+ )lead to the condenser wire, attach the meter(- )lead to the case of the condenser. the meter should show a gain in resistence,slowly up to the cond. rating(probably .5MF. <br />With an analog meter; (set to highest ohm's scale) Disconnect the condenser, conect the ohm meter (+) lead to the wire and the meters(-) lead to the case. Your meter needle should jump up and then fall back to 0 slowly. After all that you may realize its just easier to throw away the condenser and put in a new one instead of messing with it! Good luck,let us know how you make out. Steve Greer

speleogeezer
honda305.com Member

Post by speleogeezer » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:24 am

Steve,<br /> Thanks--will do. I have a digital.<br /> Bob (speleogeezer)

speleogeezer
honda305.com Member

Post by speleogeezer » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:48 pm

OK, Its running. Thanks to everyone for the help. The condenser was bad. I refused to try to unbolt the old condenser from the top of the cylinder head. I just snipped the wires and wired in a new condenser and bolted it to the horn. It's still fouling plugs so I need to work on the carb to see why it is running rich and gas is leaking past the bowl gasket. I'll let You all know how this works out.<br /> Bob

speleogeezer
honda305.com Member

Post by speleogeezer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:48 pm

My problem of no spark is solved so back to the original problem of fouled plugs. For a continuation of this saga see carburation-fuel section.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home