Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

new to forum need help

fracro131
honda305.com Member

timing

Post by fracro131 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:20 pm

I have been reading on this site about how to set timing. could someone tell me which is the #1 cylinder? thank you

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: timing

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 pm

While sitting on the seat and looking over the headlight the #1 piston is on the right side. ........lm

fracro131 wrote:I have been reading on this site about how to set timing. could someone tell me which is the #1 cylinder? thank you
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

fracro131
honda305.com Member

Post by fracro131 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:15 am

thank you. gonna see what i can do with this in the morning.

fracro131
honda305.com Member

rotor and F

Post by fracro131 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:36 am

on the rotor there is a black line, red line and F. ( l l F ) . outer edge where index point is it has a red line. I matched the red index line to red line on rotor. Is This Right?

f

fracro131
honda305.com Member

rotor and F

Post by fracro131 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:37 am

on the rotor there is a black line, red line and F. ( l l F ) . outer edge where index point is it has a red line. I matched the red index line to red line on rotor. Is This Right?

f

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: rotor and F

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am

No matter the color. The rotor has "T" has "L" and 90 degrees across the rotor will be "LT" and LF".
The "L" designates the "LEFT SIDE" timing marks. Do you have a copy of how to tune the points that are at the FAQ location of this forum?. ............lm

fracro131 wrote:on the rotor there is a black line, red line and F. ( l l F ) . outer edge where index point is it has a red line. I matched the red index line to red line on rotor. Is This Right?

f
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

fracro131
honda305.com Member

timing

Post by fracro131 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:16 pm

·No I havent found a faq area on the site.

I followed these direction for the timing. They were directions from (Dogbd). to another person that had a dream.

Connect the red clamp of the timing light to the positive terminal of your battery and then connect the black clamp to the negative terminal of the battery. Then open the clamp of the inductive pick-up and place the plug wire if the #1 cylinder into the clamp.

· Remove both the points and rotor covers of your motorcycle.

· Start the engine and let it warm up before making any adjustments to the timin· Once the engine is warmed up and at an idle pull the trigger of the timing light and point it at the rotor. The light will flash every time the plug fires, observe the location where the index (on the case) and "F" (on the rotor) marks are when the flash occurs.
180-degree crank twins and 4 cylinders have 2 timing marks, "LF or 1-4 F" and "F or 2-3 F"

· Loosen the screws holding point timing plate in place. While the engine is at an idle move the points plate to either the left or right and pointing the timing light at the rotor. Stop when the index and "F" marks are lined up. Stop the engine and secure the points plate hardware. Start the engine again and check to see if the timing changed when the.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home