Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Aftermarket Air Filter Choices

Dr. Frankenstein
honda305.com Member

Aftermarket Air Filter Choices

Post by Dr. Frankenstein » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 am

I have a couple questions about air filters: even after looking through the knowledge database, there's a lot of stuff about which one people are using, stock air filter mods with car filters, pod filters, Uni filters, etc.

I saw a post about using the 39mm cone-shaped pod filters, and I like that mostly due to the price (about $10) and supposed ease of installation/use - will those work, without changing the jets or otherwise modifying the carbs?

What are you guys using that's both cheap, effective and readily available, and requires no carb modifications?

Also, can you effectively tune the CA77 carburetor Without a filter? I seem to be backing my air and slide screws way out from where they should be to get it to idle nicely...the idle seems to want to 'hang' when I blip the throttle.

Nick
honda305.com Member

Post by Nick » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 am

Ran a Uni on mine for a few years, but since it deteriorated I haven't been using an air filter. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always had.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home