Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Engine stutters

jacoD
honda305.com Member

Engine stutters

Post by jacoD » Tue May 16, 2006 6:52 am

When I drive the engine its feels like its running on its rev limiter but the revs are not high.What could be causing this?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Engine stutters

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri May 19, 2006 8:06 am

A little more info as to the history of the engine and what you have done or not done to the engine. .........lm

A te="jacoD"]When I drive the engine its feels like its running on its rev limiter but the revs are not high.What could be causing this?[/quote]

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sat May 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Jaco, You might try float setting(26.5mm) and your fuel delivery to the carbs. Are the carbs clean enough inside? Those are some things to try any way, it could be electrical too but you need to eliminate one thing at a time.
Did you get your tacho cable? Steve Greer

jacoD
honda305.com Member

Post by jacoD » Mon May 22, 2006 5:03 am

It could be the carbs.The engine has stood for some time so mabye it just needs a good clean.I have played around with the timimg also.So I'll check that out just in case as soon as I get the plate turned around.What should the gap be on the points?

The float level.Whats the best way of setting it?

Got the cable this morning.Thanks.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Mon May 22, 2006 4:48 pm

Point gap is .14inch But straighten out that points plate first before anything else. To set float ;remove the carb, remove the float bowl,turn it upside down, now you measure from thr base of the carb(where the gasket sets) to the top of the float. 26.5mm, to make a change you bend the tab at the needle not the float framework or float itself. Good Luck! Steve Greer

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home