□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

valve springs

Re: valve springs

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:26 am

i copied and saved your posts for the tolerances. i will get them checked.<br /><br />i did not mean to be confusing.<br /><br />in my limited experience with an old Suzuki two stroke that does not have valves or springs; i was seriously concerned about higher mileage effecting engine performance, reliabilty and regular useage. <br /><br />parts wear out, and i was trying to get info on the parts i know little about.<br /><br />right now the motor is out and been sandblasting the frame and stripping/sanding the metal parts for repaint. <br /><br />i actually don't know about deheading of resources when it comes to old motorcycles. aside from the traditional swap meets and shows, with the internet, evilbay, discussion groups, search engines, web sites it seems that anything is available; if you wish to pay any price. what i was hoping to find with these new tools was the best current alternative, if available.<br /><br />unfortunately, there is a top dollar on completed bikes, be they Honda, Suzuki or whatever. and while i do not mind thinking my time is worth zero, my dollars are not.<br /><br />the T200 Suzuki i frame up rebuilt roasted the crank on the last day of the riding season when it seized up from an air leak in the oil supply lines. aside from my time, the whole bike is not worth what i spent on it so far, and not worth the cost of a new crank from 1967.<br /><br />and while i realize i have to ride past age 70 or gas has to get to $4 a gallon for me to be able to ever ride out my investment; i don't want to invest a ton of time in something that might end up as a piece of furniture.<br /><br />it may well be that in order to constantly ride just one vintage bike i have to convince the wife i need garage space for 3 or more for parts bikes, i am just not up to that point yet.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home