□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Boring costs?

jugger18
honda305.com Member

Post by jugger18 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm

OldScrambler wrote:Before you send your barrels.............do you have the pistons and rings in-hand? If so, send along with the barrels..........a PROFESSIONAL SHOP will bore each hole to provide the proper skirt-clearance..........and will usually ask if the application is for everyday-use or some sort of high-performance application. A 0.50 or 0.75mm over-sized bore will usually cure typical scores and pits in the liners.

I use and always recommend MELLENIUM TECHNOLOGIES.........in Plymouth, WI.........look them up with GOOGLE...........Last year I had several bores completed at a little less than $50 per hole..........of course I don't have expensive shipping because they are about 6-miles from my door. Your price may vary...........?
I have a NOS set of .50mm over. They did ask to have the pistons in hand when they do the boring.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Any good shop HAS TO HAVE the NEW PISTONS to measure and bore for them.
I've never sent rings as the pistons are what's the bore measurement. .................lm

jugger18 wrote:
OldScrambler wrote:Before you send your barrels.............do you have the pistons and rings in-hand? If so, send along with the barrels..........a PROFESSIONAL SHOP will bore each hole to provide the proper skirt-clearance..........and will usually ask if the application is for everyday-use or some sort of high-performance application. A 0.50 or 0.75mm over-sized bore will usually cure typical scores and pits in the liners.

I use and always recommend MELLENIUM TECHNOLOGIES.........in Plymouth, WI.........look them up with GOOGLE...........Last year I had several bores completed at a little less than $50 per hole..........of course I don't have expensive shipping because they are about 6-miles from my door. Your price may vary...........?
I have a NOS set of .50mm over. They did ask to have the pistons in hand when they do the boring.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home