□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Frozen?

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Right cylinder at top dead center, o on cam sprocket at top, flats on sprocket level with cylinder head, and mark on points shaft pointing down.

davomoto

hi-roller2
honda305.com Member

Post by hi-roller2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm gonna get some type of rebuild book now.
Anyway, thanks davo, I'm going to use that info for sure.

Later
Preston
Last edited by hi-roller2 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi-Rollers Vehicle Club President
Boyertown Chapter

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Read the message you sent which I responded to. "QUOTE" "PLEASE dont tell me to order bill silvers book, im just a poor teenager trying to get my peice of crap bike back together and registered" My response is/was " Thanks for asking for help TIGHTWAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. .........LM You did annoy me when you made the above statement!!! You ask for help but unlike most on the list Do Not Appear to Want to Help Yourself. I assure you that those of us that offer help when asked have spent a couple of $$ to help us at the time and in the future and offer our help unselfishly and I for one FEEL USED when anyone appears to not even want to do more than suck on the knowledge of those that are here to assist others and admit it. Bill Silvers information is WELL WORTH any $$$ you would pay and I'm sure you would/will use it in the future. Seems it took ya a while to respond and my intention is/was to get you to respond to a blunt in your face statement. Would seem that you are of the opinion that I don't like you and am picking on you. Not so. Just getting your attention and letting you know that I and others will help but Don't Like to be Used. ..............lm

Alright, now that Ive got my chain back together...
How does the engine get lined up for top dead center? Is the left or right side cylander #1?

thanks
Preston

PS-> PLEASE dont tell me to order bill silvers book, im just a poor teenager trying to get my peice of crap bike back together and registered

Thanks for asking for help TIGHTWAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. .........LM

hi-roller2 wrote:I've been trying to keep this civil but...
Look Mr. Ed Moore, if it doesn't seem like something you think is correct, DON'T POST. I didn't do any thing to annoy you so there was no need for comment like that. Right from the get-go you started yelling at me, other people that you self righteously dubbed as lesser beings, and any one that has a question. What you posted there was not constructive, it wasnt even critcism, and a comment like that on any other forum would give you a temporary ban or even a complete ban from posting if it kept up. I respect what you do but please knock it off...

Anyway, thanks davo, I'm going to use that info for sure.

hi-roller2
honda305.com Member

Post by hi-roller2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm sorry for leechig information then. I've actually gone to a Honda dealer to see if they had any original rebuild books as the owner has a Superhawk on display. I have gone and looked up information to find what ever information I possibly could. I go out and polish and clean peices all of the time. And to have people that know as much about bikes is like sitting on a gold mine. If this forum was a bout sixties mopars or a Suzuki Fa50 or even trains, I could add much more to conversations. I DO NOT have experience with old Hondas, I dont want to tout myself as such. I guess what I'm getting at is that you arent being used, youre being appreciated. If you have question about any of the previous information, I'd more than glad to help.

Like I said before, sorry for making you feel used,
Preston
Boyertown Chapter

hi-roller2
honda305.com Member

Post by hi-roller2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm

I deleted what I said before to kinda take the edge off of this. I guess I was in a bad mood and that tightwad thing pulled the trigger. Now that I look at the remark in context its kinda funny.
Boyertown Chapter

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Now I can say for myself that I can see you have made some effort to locate/find info at your area of information. Like most of us on this list and other lists we did start as neophytes with or wanting to have/ride one of the HONDA C/CA/CB/CL72/77 bikes and needed help to do so. I did say several days back on the list that I would like to know your age and experience with the HONDA you have and did recommend you get some of the info that is available from many sources and for sure Bill Silvers info. That was to HELP you HELP YOURSELF and to have the information at hand in the future as you work/repair/tune/and ride your bike. I've been involved with MANY folks with these bikes for many years and my real pleasure is to know/hear that they have one of these bikes to show/ride. I can help you and others with any question you will have with these bikes so I tell you that the best satisfaction of having one of these bikes is to work on/look at/figure how it works and make it a pleasure to own. Yep ya did get my attention with your statement but I'm sure you have a better idea of how I know I can be of the most help to you other than just feed every problem as it comes and not think that you are learning this bike in the process. Tis a fun bike and for sure you will love it when ya can ride it. ............lm

hi-roller2 wrote:I'm sorry for leechig information then. I've actually gone to a Honda dealer to see if they had any original rebuild books as the owner has a Superhawk on display. I have gone and looked up information to find what ever information I possibly could. I go out and polish and clean peices all of the time. And to have people that know as much about bikes is like sitting on a gold mine. If this forum was a bout sixties mopars or a Suzuki Fa50 or even trains, I could add much more to conversations. I DO NOT have experience with old Hondas, I dont want to tout myself as such. I guess what I'm getting at is that you arent being used, youre being appreciated. If you have question about any of the previous information, I'd more than glad to help.

Like I said before, sorry for making you feel used,
Preston

hi-roller2
honda305.com Member

Post by hi-roller2 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 am

Alright, new question-> Will a Kei Hin26 wwork in place of the original PW22? If so will it need to be rejeted? I was given the 26 by a member of another forum.

Thanks in advance
Preston
Boyertown Chapter

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home