Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Time to Dream!

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
zoom
honda305.com Member

Time to Dream!

Post by zoom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 pm

I have only been a lurker for a few weeks but I have been wanting a Dream for years. It all came together in just a couple of days. Its almost scary!

To start out, with my kids graduated from collage this last spring. This week.... one moved 1200m for a start of his life and a new job and the other got accepted into a program in France for some further education and will be leaving in Jan. We are a close family and "Dad" is feeling a little down and empty. But thats the way life is. The kids have to move on. I am thinking some sort of "project" would be in order to help me transition through this.

The next bit of info is that I have five bikes and no room for a 6th, I maintain them all. Since the kids were leaving I decide to thin the heard. It would be just me and my wife riding the 5 bikes. On a whim I put up my Maxim X for sale (really not thinking it will move....bad time to sell a bike up north with winter coming). Boom! Sell it in 2 days to a guy 100m away and paid full asking price. That same day this reasonable restorable 64 CA77 comes up for sale. Same city, 100m away! So load up the Maxim and take a road trip. Drop it off then swing by and pick up the Dream.

Life is good! God is watching over me. I feel I have some direction again. My wife was also game for this project, she thinks these bike are so "cute".

I will be asking lots a questions along the way
Attachments
IMG_1654.jpg

Dgormley
honda305.com Member

Post by Dgormley » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:19 am

Zoom, nice score, welcome to the journey..............................D

Mike Mullins
honda305.com Member

re;

Post by Mike Mullins » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:09 am

Welcome to the madness: same situation, except the kids are a bit closer.
Mikeyrx
"a free motorcycle is a bottomless hole intended solely for money"
66 CB 77
76 BMW R75/6
99 GL 1500 trike
75 & 79 XS 650's

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Scary is right, but in a good, cool way. Talk about everything dropping into place, including the logistics! Do yourself a favour and scour the flea-market shops for a Rubik's Cube; I wouldn't mind betting you'd crack it in minutes, given your current run of luck!!

Welcome to posting, worrying and asking; and well done for filling in your location info without being prompted!

nc_rider
honda305.com Member

Post by nc_rider » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 pm

looks like you got a decent one. I see lots of parts that I wish mine had when I got it.

now.. watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iVMONcwss

.... maybe you should just stick those parts all over the place in your house and wait a few years and see if the restoration fairy visits. heh. :)

OldStan
honda305.com Member

Post by OldStan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Welcome Zoom. I too was in need of a project to counteract the empty nest syndrome when I purchased my Dream. The restoration process certainly give a person a place to focus when otherwise feeling down.

From the looks of it your not missing much parts wise. I think all the information one needs can be found here. Enjoy!!!
63 CA78

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

Zoomer,

Im looking forward to seeing what comes of your build!
It should be really interesting to see it all come together nicely... Yeah, I dont have any kids but the wife moved to Boston for her PHD so i started working on the dream to keep my hands busy in the evenings. I would gladly replace the bike with her but thats not an option. You will grow to be very fond of these bikes, with some hard work and a bit of assistance from the guys on the board, you will surely end up with a fantastic bike. Keep the pictures rolling in!

Sascha

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home