Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

65 CA77 305 Texas Rebuild

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

65 CA77 305 Texas Rebuild

Post by Onemilewest » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:36 am

Let me start by saying that this is a project that I have been wanting to do for a while. Second; if anyone lives in the DFW area, speak up. I supply the beer and the BBQ for those who can come by and "visit" days.

I brought it home and was ready to go. Then, I opened the gas tank... below is what it looked like when I brought it home. The second is off to sandblast and powder coat. I bought my own powder coater and oven, but can't fit the frame and front forks. I will do everything else.

I will post more detail later, but its late.

My first question: Anyone want to sell me a spare front fender? the front can be trashed if you have one. I can cut and tig the back flap. I will send a picture of it later.
Attachments
Off to powder coaters
Off to powder coaters
NOW.jpg (10.37 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
How it came home
How it came home
This is my end goal. Sorry if I stole your pick.
This is my end goal. Sorry if I stole your pick.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Looks like you got it all planned out well. Keep posting, we'll keep watching. Good luck. Paul

starnix
honda305.com Member

Post by starnix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:05 pm

It is good to hear someone else in the area is working on one of these as well I just got a 1965 CA77 305 if you find a good place to get parts please let me know.

Starnix

Oilleak
honda305.com Member

Post by Oilleak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:03 am

I've got a '63 and a '64. I live northwest of DFW airport.
Oilleak

http://www.oilleak.net

Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security.
--- Ben Franklin

Oilleak
honda305.com Member

Re: 65 CA77 305 Texas Rebuild

Post by Oilleak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:14 am

I have a fender or two. Not perfect but can be made that way. Who did you get to do your powder coat and how did it end up?

Onemilewest wrote:Let me start by saying that this is a project that I have been wanting to do for a while. Second; if anyone lives in the DFW area, speak up. I supply the beer and the BBQ for those who can come by and "visit" days.

I brought it home and was ready to go. Then, I opened the gas tank... below is what it looked like when I brought it home. The second is off to sandblast and powder coat. I bought my own powder coater and oven, but can't fit the frame and front forks. I will do everything else.

I will post more detail later, but its late.

My first question: Anyone want to sell me a spare front fender? the front can be trashed if you have one. I can cut and tig the back flap. I will send a picture of it later.
Oilleak

Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security.
--- Ben Franklin

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 am

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been working many hours lately. I used a place in Denton called cross link powder coating. He is fast, priced very reasonable and the quality was outstanding. I ended up taking a few other items to him. I had the rims coated fire engine red. I did the spokes black and the hubs aluminum silver. I will put white wall tires on them. I will take a few pics and post shortly.

I have a question on the rear shocks. I took them apart, cleaned them up and powder coated the covers. I continue to screw them up time and time again trying to put them back together. I have sand blasted and powder coated 3 times and I am about to snap. Any advice on re-assembly tips???

One last question about the threads on these things. These are JIS, correct? Well in my haste to powder coat, I coated some of the holes. Where can I get a tap and die set for this thread standard?

Oilleak, my email is onemilewest@hotmail.com. I would like to stop by and look at those fenders. Let me know and I can ride over.

Onemile

Oilleak
honda305.com Member

Post by Oilleak » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:01 pm

Onemile, sent an email reply. I haven't had my shocks apart yet, but I know others here have. Thanks for the info on the powder coater. I use one in Dallas. Anxious to see pics of your bike.
Oilleak

--- Ben Franklin

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home