Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

The rebirth of a C78 305 Honda Dream

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:54 pm

Dogsbd wrote:Sorry Paul but all I can usually think of to add after one of your posts is WOW.

As for the above photos.......................... WOW!
Hey no need to apologize. I'm just trying to stir things up a bit. With all the old bikes out there getting restored I thought I would see more posts on this site about them and that way we could all share ideas. I keep looking around here on the site and there are times it's about as exciting as watching paint dry.
I figure my Dream will be completed in a month. I'll be doing an old Cub next so I guess I'll have to look for a Cub site then Ha! Ha!. Today I've made good progress with the Dream. Got some frame components installed today. Paul

FiremanBob
honda305.com Member

Post by FiremanBob » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Good lordy lou, that's beautiful. Looks like a concours job to me. What kind of paint did you use?

You're a bad influence, Paul. I'm going over to Amazon now to order a digital camera.

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

shocks

Post by joeweir1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:53 pm

I had an issue when putting the shocks together.My helper(wife) assisted me on putting them together but that was not the problem.LOL When I pulled down on the spring and tightened the nut on the rubber piece on top of the spring the nut pulled down thru the rubber or the rubber gave way and the nut and rubber pulled down in the spring.I did eventually get it.Was the piece on top of your spring plastice or rubber?

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Re: shocks

Post by 4shorts » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:07 pm

joeweir1 wrote:I had an issue when putting the shocks together.My helper(wife) assisted me on putting them together but that was not the problem.LOL When I pulled down on the spring and tightened the nut on the rubber piece on top of the spring the nut pulled down thru the rubber or the rubber gave way and the nut and rubber pulled down in the spring.I did eventually get it.Was the piece on top of your spring plastice or rubber?
Joe I never had that problem doing mine. My insert was a hard rubber so I was lucky I guess. My wife also helped me with mine and It went well so the best thing to do when something goes wrong like in your case is "blame the wife" Ha! Ha! If your insert was damaged I have an extra one if you want it.

Bob glad you like the paint. I use base clear most all the time now and it's wet sanded and buffed as well. Shines up really nice. Paul

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 am

Well I finally got my outer rims today. Bought them off of a dude in Hong Kong. Took six weeks to get here but considering the distance It wasn't bad. Had no other choice anyway because I couldn't find them anywhere else. Cost was $105. US plus $50. for shipping. The quality is as good as the ones that came on the bike when it was new so I'm happy!

I'll make a cheap truing stand and start lacing them next. Paul

FiremanBob
honda305.com Member

Post by FiremanBob » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:49 am

They look nice. What are you using for tires?

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 am

FiremanBob wrote:They look nice. What are you using for tires?
I had a set of blackwall tires from my local Honda dealership but didn't like the profile so I went with these http://www.coker.com/store/customer/pro ... at=&page=1

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home