Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

The rebirth of a C78 305 Honda Dream

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
prima5star
honda305.com Member

Post by prima5star » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Wow! What did that cost? I may have to send my chrome there from now on. You're going to have one of those nicer than new bikes I'm always afraid to get too close to...

Looking forward to the assembly.
Matt

Also into Alfa Romeo Giuliettas and Giulias! Looking for a Giulia Super.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:53 pm

prima5star wrote:Wow! What did that cost? I may have to send my chrome there from now on. You're going to have one of those nicer than new bikes I'm always afraid to get too close to...

Looking forward to the assembly.
The invoice reads " replated assorted bike parts" cost before taxes was $715. Don't know if that's high but considering I had 14 pieces done and some of them were dented pretty bad it averaged out to $51. per item and the workmanship was out of this world. There chrome looks like a mirror on all parts with no dents or dings so I'm happy with the cost. If anyone is interested the name of the company is Zenith Electroplating & Coating,Inc. Phone # 902-468-4848 Located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:01 pm

Well I got my tank completed tonight. Put the newly chromed toaster ends on with the all the other items that attach to it. I don't know why the thing looks orange in the picture but it's as red as you can get. I guess it's the shop lights playing tricks on the camera.

finally got a fuel bowl for the tank and I have to thank a fine member of this board for emailing me on how to get one (You know who you are and thank you for the advice).

Tomorrow I'll be assembling the front forks and shocks so I'm moving ahead again. This week I'll have to build a truing stand and a shock compressor so that I can do my wheels and shocks. Paul

Question: The hoses on the fuel tank, are they clear or is black hose used?

Now I have the badges on right!

Last edited by 4shorts on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

prima5star
honda305.com Member

Post by prima5star » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:01 pm

Paul you put the badges on backward! Looks stunning, I think assembly of nice clean polished parts is the best part of the project!
Matt

Also into Alfa Romeo Giuliettas and Giulias! Looking for a Giulia Super.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:57 am

prima5star wrote:Paul you put the badges on backward! Looks stunning, I think assembly of nice clean polished parts is the best part of the project!
Thanks Matt. I'll change them over right away. That's the worst part about working late at this sort of thing. Mistakes happen. I actually laughed when I went out into the shop. I could see it right away. I'm sure glad I don't post pics of everything I do! You guys wouldn't let me on this site Ha! Ha!
I swear there are times if you put my brain in a bird the poor thing would fly backwards!! Paul
Last edited by 4shorts on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:26 pm

The badge on that tank is correct. ...........lm
4shorts wrote:
prima5star wrote:Paul you put the badges on backward! Looks stunning, I think assembly of nice clean polished parts is the best part of the project!
Thanks Matt. I'll change them over right away. Tht's the worst p[art about working late at this sort of thing. Mistakes happen. I actually laughed when I went out into the shop. I could see it right away. I'm sure glad I don't post pics of everything I do! You guys wouldn't let me on this site Ha! Ha!
I swear there are times if you put my brain in a bird the poor thing would fly backwards!! Paul

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:39 pm

LOUD MOUSE they were on wrong and I changed them over and also updated the pictures. Sorry for the confusion. Paul

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home