Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1964 CA77 Restoration

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
border0_3
honda305.com Member

Post by border0_3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi Seadog,

Your project has come along way and is looking very spiffy.

Great to see all the details in a project, and they become valuable clues and references for the wider community.

All the best - Richard

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you, Richard. It's nice to know that someone is actually watching. If my progress, problems and resolutions can help someone else, I'm very glad.

jkv357
honda305.com Member

Post by jkv357 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Amazing work you've done, and you've come a long way!

Nice to see all that work and dedication come together so nicely.

Jay

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 am

Yes, Seadog, others are watching. The information you have posted is very useful and your work sets a standard I hope to meet.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Well, the new cover leaked too, so it's back to square one. It looks as if the only way that I'm going to seal the case up is with a Hondabond, Hylomar or similar. I really didn't want to do that. At this point, I'm thinking that I can apply a thin bead on the engine side, apply a new gasket over it, then install the cover. I've ordered the 70mm cover screw that I'm missing to tighten it down. Whatever I finally decide to do, it'll have to wait 'till later as the bike is now stored in the next door neighbor's garage. We're expecting a storm tomorrow and I had to make way for the snow blower. Drat.

While I'm waiting for the snow to stop, I can zinc plate the spark plug wire holders that I forgot about in my last plating session.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Tim. I try, but I simply cannot measure up to some of the very talented posters here on the forum. You know who they are. I have the desire, I just don't have the skills, the equipment or the experience. To paraphrase President Roosevelt (Teddy), I do the best I can with what I have.
Tim Allman wrote:Yes, Seadog, others are watching. The information you have posted is very useful and your work sets a standard I hope to meet.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Thank you, Jay. I've got quite a way to go yet. I started off the project with the intention of rebuilding the engine. I still may have to do that, but I won't know until I start it. If that's the case, the road will be long and long.
jkv357 wrote:Amazing work you've done, and you've come a long way!

Nice to see all that work and dedication come together so nicely.

Jay

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home