Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

barn-find dream

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Superchicken
honda305.com Member

Post by Superchicken » Thu May 22, 2008 10:40 pm

I too, would rather spend my time on makeing the thing work right, before perfect paint and chrome. Rattle cans, are where it's at! Nice new tires and tubes are a good investment, they give a whole different feel from the ground.

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Fri May 23, 2008 11:44 am

thanks for the kind words davo! initially i hadnt intended to do more than clean it up abit, but as nicely as it ran it didnt seem right to haul around the rust that was on her. after teardown i felt compelled to make it as presentable as i could without dumping a couple $Gs into it. At some point, maybe in 7 years when she turns 50, i'll tear her back down and have her done up right, For now i just wanted to get it looking decent, back together, and put some miles on her.
Tires are the last thing i need to purchase, superchicken. I've been fighting with the decision of putting on something period correct or something more modern. Modern is difficult as i cannot find anything 3.25/3.50-16 in a rear tire. I think i've finally decided to put a modern front tire on each end. Still a few weeks from completion, my tire decision is liable to change(again).

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

first rim

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 am

got the rear wheel all put together finally, what an interesting process. Still need to true it up but assembly went 'fairly' smooth once i put some thought into it. The purists amongst us will probably grimace. For the $15 worth of paint i threw on it i think it's a substantial improvement. Would like to get some nice chromies at some point, these will get me on the road. The last pic is how she sat last night. again, if you're a purist with a heart condition don't scroll down <smile>. gettin' closer! the seat bracket to make the solo seat functional is the last major project. will post some detailed pics once i get the prototype a little further along.
Attachments
progress.jpg
rwheel3.jpg
rwheel2.jpg
rwheel1.jpg
rwheel_eww.JPG

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

almost done

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:35 pm

well, except for a few minor doodads ( finish seat bracket, tank badges, exhaust, fix kixkstart ) she's almost done! again, apologies to purists. may not be your favorite dream but hard to admit she's any worse off than when i bought her. someday i'll bite the bullet and get everything chromed that's supposed to be.
Attachments
DSCN5648.JPG
DSCN5649.JPG
DSCN5655.JPG
DSCN4786.JPG

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:39 pm

TBC, looking awsome! here's a link for tank badges. I've bought a couple sets from this guy, and they are very presentable, and price is nice ! Keep up the good work, and keep the pics coming.

davomoto

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:40 pm

TBC, looking awsome! here's a link for tank badges. I've bought a couple sets from this guy, and they are very presentable, and price is nice ! Keep up the good work, and keep the pics coming.

davomoto

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:40 pm

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home