Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

65 CA77 TEXAS REBUILD (ROUND 2) RAT BIKE

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun May 02, 2010 9:30 am

Being a fan, and builder, of customs, I must say what a great job you have done with your Dream! I can appreciate the amount of time it takes to do a custom, parts don't just bolt in to place, everything must be fabricated, mounted, checked for clearance, re-mounted, re-fabricated and on and on. It takes a lot of vision and skill to do a bike like yours, and I applaud you for a job well done!
davomoto
64 CB77
63-7 CB77 Cafe'
67 CL77
64 CL72
66 CL77 big bore flat tracker
Many others!

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun May 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Well thanks guys. This is my first resto and I was kinda nervous posting. I feel much better now.

Onemile

richmondzb
honda305.com Member

Rat Rod

Post by richmondzb » Fri May 13, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm sorry I know that this is an old thread but I have some questions. Where did you get that kickstarter? That is sweet! I have been looking for one like that for some time now.
I take it that the bike is powdercoated, Is that a matte black? It just gives the bike a great look. What hand controlers are you using? Are you able to use the same cables with those controlers?
Awsome! Love the bike. I love Rat Rods and you did a great job.

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks once again.
The parts are powder coated a matte black, but the frame is painted with a brand called hot rod flatz. It's a great paint to work with.
The kick start is just a bear trap bicycle pedal. I took it apart and powder coated it. I then took the original kick start and cut the end off. I then welded a simple 1/2 -20 lug nut on the end; ground the edges smooth and powder coated it. I have an extra peddle that I did not use. It is also coated a little differently. Send me your address and I will send if you like. I will take a pic tomorrow.

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks once again.
The parts are powder coated a matte black, but the frame is painted with a brand called hot rod flatz. It's a great paint to work with.
The kick start is just a bear trap bicycle pedal. I took it apart and powder coated it. I then took the original kick start and cut the end off. I then welded a simple 1/2 -20 lug nut on the end; ground the edges smooth and powder coated it. I have an extra peddle that I did not use. It is also coated a little differently. Send me your address and I will send if you like. I will take a pic tomorrow.

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sun May 15, 2011 1:15 am

Forgot about the hand controllers. I went down and bought some dirt bike bars the style that I liked. I put them on my mill and cut channels just like the original sets. The throttle is original but because I added turn signals to the bike, I found the blinker controls on eBay for a couple bucks and used them on the left side. No mods to the cables were required.
Anyway, I have decided to put this one up for sale. It's a great bike but I don't ride it as much as my other two toys. And with it sitting in my shop, it's just getting banged up. I went to move my shop fan and nicked the front fender. Bums me out.

Onemilewest
honda305.com Member

Post by Onemilewest » Sat May 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Pics of the Kick Start
Attachments
K2.JPG
k1.JPG

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home