Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

spokes for sale

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
joeweir1
honda305.com Member

spokes for sale

Post by joeweir1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:41 am

I have two new sets of spokes that were said to be for a CA77, but I tried to install these and the inners are close but the outers elbows are shorter than originals.This makes them unuseable on my CA77.Not sure if they would fit a CA95 or other Honda model.Will sell cheap since they are of no use to me.PM me if interested.Joe

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Where did you buy them, so that anyone considering the same source can avoid the same problem.

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Seller in Thailand-Can't remember which one.It has been awhile since I got them.

3BeanCrispy
honda305.com Member

Post by 3BeanCrispy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:13 pm

you can get spokes from honda, but i havent gotten any to know if they're identical to the orig's or different. not sure if they come with nipples or not either, but couldnt seem to find a pn# for the nipples on thier own. i think the fronts were $1.50 or so each and $1.75 for the rears.

i am with dog in that it'd be nice to know what definately NOT to buy. thanks for the heads up joe !

i've had pretty good success polishing mine up by chucking a nipple in a drill chuck, screwing the spoke into it, and running sandpaper / scotchbrite over it. doesnt give em a shiny chrome look, but will take a nasty rusty one and make it somewhat presentable, and paintable if you are so inclined...

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I think the seller on e-bay is" Vintage 001" if I'm not mistaken.I have polished old ones before but they will rust again after time.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I'd say that what you are doing will expose the steel of the spoke to the weather and will rust soon.
Anytime ya remove the zinc plating and don't replace it ya can figure rust will follow.
Paint will help but will look like paint followed by rust later. ..........lm

3BeanCrispy wrote:you can get spokes from honda, but i havent gotten any to know if they're identical to the orig's or different. not sure if they come with nipples or not either, but couldnt seem to find a pn# for the nipples on thier own. i think the fronts were $1.50 or so each and $1.75 for the rears.

i am with dog in that it'd be nice to know what definately NOT to buy. thanks for the heads up joe !

i've had pretty good success polishing mine up by chucking a nipple in a drill chuck, screwing the spoke into it, and running sandpaper / scotchbrite over it. doesnt give em a shiny chrome look, but will take a nasty rusty one and make it somewhat presentable, and paintable if you are so inclined...

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Ed-Did you get my PM about getting spokes cad. plated the other day?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home