Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Will Be Selling 24 CL77 & CL72'S In Pieces

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
suicycles
honda305.com Member

Will Be Selling 24 CL77 & CL72'S In Pieces

Post by suicycles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi all, im new to these forums.

I own a motorcycle salvage in Wisconsin. I recently bought approximately 24 (give or take a couple) 305 CL Scramblers, with a few 250's mixed in and maybe 2 160's in there as well. I'd have to go take an actual count, but you get the picture. The guy had been collecting for 20+ years and wanted out.

Im going to need time to go through them all, and will be offering up the parts for sale in the near future, depending on how busy ill be with the bike season coming up on us.But, if someone would be interested in the entire lot before I begin to strip them down, and "tag and bag". This is a serious sale, and these bikes werent "handed" to me (I paid a hefty chunk, he knew what he had).

The bikes are pretty much all rollers, a couple of them frames with front/rear ends (but parts are in tubs) with the seats and tanks removed and in my shop (about 20 tanks total). and the exhaust, and carbs removed from some of them as well .there are rubbermaid totes full of parts, and I mean full.

Side covers, fenders, stands, carbs, guages, engine parts, engines, heads, cylinders, etc etc etc.
Literally hundreds of parts. As for titles there are only 5 or 6. I was informed one of them was a matching engine/frame combo, but havent looked yet.

Approximate value if you were to sell all of these in pieces should reach an easy $25k on ebay (i only did some quick figuring), plenty more if you cleaned/restored the key items and also make a buck or two ship profit on each item. And if you have an industrial sand blaster and a spray gun... youll really be in business.

Im asking a bit less. Serious parties can discuss it with me in p.m.'s. If you consider that one single fender can fetch $300, a tank needing to be restored $200, or a set of nasty painted pipes $200, etc etc, this adds up real fast. Or, as a rat roller missing half its parts, stuck motor, and no title, goes on average for $700+....

Or maybe your a hardcore 305 hobbyist looking to have his hands full for the next 10 years.

These pictures suck as I just went outside to take them in my socks, and its 0 degrees out so i was in a hurry !
there are boxes of parts you dont even see hiding behind all those other ones.

I am not prepared to sell individual parts at this time so pl;ease dont ask. If I dont find a serious party for the whole lot, then ill be spending the next month prepping for parts sales. I am a one man business so it takes time (had an employee, he moved out of state for family, long story lol).

THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY SOME NON-SCRAMBLER BIKES IN THE PICTURE, IGNORE THEM AND THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED)

Thanks for looking
Attachments
014.JPG

suicycles
honda305.com Member

More pictures

Post by suicycles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 pm

pics
Attachments
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

suicycles
honda305.com Member

more pics

Post by suicycles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 pm

and some more pictures
Attachments
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG

suicycles
honda305.com Member

and more....

Post by suicycles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

last ones
Attachments
016.JPG
017.JPG

suicycles
honda305.com Member

info

Post by suicycles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:27 pm

i know the pictures suck liek i said, its cold out. if you look at the outisde pics, on the left row there are about a dozen or so bikes in a row. on the right side, the other 20+.

in the middle of those bikes is a cb400f, not included. a cl360, not included. and then towards the garage a blue cl360, not included. a passport, not included. a yellow suzuki mini bike not included.

it was very cold out when we emptied that shop, and unloaded in a hurry so its currently a jumbled mess until i can straighten it all out.

thanks

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:34 am

@suicycles

Let's get this stuff into either the honda305.com "Classified" section of the Forum or into the honda305.com "Auctions" http://www.honda305.com/bid/index.php

I'd like to keep the honda305.com Forum available, as intended, for non commercial discussion and occasional trade.

Businesses are expected, at the very least, to ask for permission to post their inventory, or even better, to buy adspace and in any event to place their goods into the areas of the website intended for commerce.

--
Michael Stoic
honda305.com

PS Please add your location to the Profile.

suicycles
honda305.com Member

Post by suicycles » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 pm

cool beans. like it says, im new.
and i didnt see a for sale section other then the auction, and im not putting it on auction.
is their a regular parts for sale section?

thing is, these parts are not growing on trees. so i figured what better place to post, then a 305 collectors forum. but if its a hassle, ill remove my posts and just let them sit until spring. they will then be stripped, and peddled on ebay.

i apologize for any inconvenience.
thank you

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home