Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Seat Chrome Band

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
houseowax
honda305.com Member

CA77 Seat Chrome Band

Post by houseowax » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:35 am

My '63 Dream appears to have a recovered seat (no Honda logo) and is missing the chrome band that goes around the bottom. I've never seen one for sale or reproduced. Are there any out there?
'63 CA77 - Giving me all kinds of headaches.
'64 CA77 - Patiently waiting it's turn
'65 CB77 - A 'great winter project'

RachelAustin
honda305.com Member

Post by RachelAustin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-30 ... ccessories

CA72 250 CA77 305 300 BENLY DREAM REPRO SEAT COVER KIT

Now I don't know if I'd spend that money.... but they are out there.

There are also seat stencils available..... mega cheap.... if you are looking to get the logo back on.

Good luck!
Last edited by RachelAustin on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Rachel
1965 CA95
1968 CA77
1974 TX500 *sold*
1964 Puch SG

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:44 pm

You are for sure new to this forum.
Did ya check his feedback and look for history in the forum archive for that seller????????. ........lm

RachelAustin wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-30 ... ccessories

CA72 250 CA77 305 300 BENLY DREAM REPRO SEAT COVER KIT

Now I don't know if I'd spend that money.... but they are out there.

There are also seat stencils available..... mega cheap.... if you are looking to get the logo back on.

Good luck!

houseowax
honda305.com Member

Post by houseowax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah- I'm not interested in taking that gamble.

Still- it doesn't seem that anyone's reproducing them, I never see them on eBay - only the mounting screws. I wrote to the fellas at SCI and they said that they tried to have an overseas manufacturer produce them but weren't satisfied with the results. I'm not in the chrome band manufacturing iusiness myself so maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but how hard could it be?!

Anyhow, if anyone out there has extras I'd be much obliged. Don't have to be anywhere near show condition, I'm just trying to get everything back on the bike that was there when it was born.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 pm

How much??!!!

Good of you to chime in though, Rachel.

Here in Spain the bolt-on tuning(arf arf!) shops sell self-adhesive alloy-backed moulded strip, just the right width. It's as cheap as chips; if you want me to send you some, let me know. It'll get you by until a trim crops up. NO, I haven't bought any myself -- that's for car saddos! I have an AM strip for my seat. I stopped my car, err, 'tuning' after fitting xenons to her MINI Cooper.

houseowax
honda305.com Member

Post by houseowax » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Ah, thanks a bazillion, Steve. Quite a kind offer, but I'm content to wait until a real one comes along, I suppose. It's got to eventually.

In the meantime, I've secured my carb covers and have been obsessively trawling for a luggage rack ( just lost one on eBay the other day) and crash bars. The laugh here is: I don't even have the bike reliably running yet! I don't have a garage and have to do all my wrenching outdoors, so the NY winter hasn't allowed me a great deal of time with the bike. I guess searching for parts is just my way of keeping the project going while I can't do what really needs to be done. If I only knew what it was that needed to be done...

Ah well- Spring will spring soon enough and one day I'll take my bike out for the first time. With mirrors, crash bars, luggage rack, in-dash stereo and microwave oven!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home