Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB77 Regulator???

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
jacoD
honda305.com Member

CB77 Regulator???

Post by jacoD » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:15 am

Where is the regulator located for a CB77?Or what acts as the regulator?
Is it possible to have none of the wiring eccept the electric starter and then installing the rectifier?If it is done so you would need aregulator right?Is there a regulator you can buy from the shelf and install it into the charging system?

I have a cb77 motor in my go-cart but at the moment the only electrics I have installed is the electric starter.I have to charge the battery before and after I take the car for a drive.As this not at all good for the battery I would like to install the bridge rectifier but if I install it as the wiring diagram says.The volts go up to about 56V at higher revs.Therefore i have come eto the conclusion that i will need a regulator.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm

JacoD, Are you using the rectifier that came on the donor bike? Its orange with cooling fins. I think I know what youve got wrong,The charging system works thru the headlight system. So it sound like you have an incomplete set-up. Do you have a wiring diagram? that could be a big help. Hope this helps,Steve Greer

jacoD
honda305.com Member

Post by jacoD » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:11 am

I've got a wiring diagram.I'll have another look at it.Thanx alot.
jaco

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home