Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Starter button assembly

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
dreamer2
honda305.com Member

Starter button assembly

Post by dreamer2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm in the process of re-assembling a 1966 dream 305. I took the starter switch off to change handle bars and noticed a frayed wire where it is soldered to the contact board. I did not notice a part like a speed clip when I took it apart and don't know where it goes. Does anyone have an exploded picture or a link where I can see the proper assembly ?
Thanks

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

starter switch

Post by jleewebb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am

Here's a pic of assembled starter switch that might help...I ended up soldering a short piece of wire to back of contact plate and to old wire back beyond the cut-off frayed part...then shoving excess wire back into handle bar. Button works by grounding the contact which is always hot, so if frayed wire contacts inside of case the starter will run whenever you turn on key. This is on a cb77, probably pretty much the same on a Dream.
Not sure what you mean by "speed clip."
Attachments
starter switch.JPG
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

dreamer2
honda305.com Member

Starter button assembly

Post by dreamer2 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you for the picture and quick response. The part I'm having trouble with I believe goes under the piece that is screwed down to the housing, but I don't know how. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll take one of the clip I'm not sure about. If it is OK PM you, I can send a picture that way.
thanks again, Dreamer2

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home