Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Late model headlight

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
~Aron~
honda305.com Member

Post by ~Aron~ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 am

Good luck it took me a long time to find one. Just keep watching ebay, you have to look at the pictures specifically for the 3 tabs, 2 for the mounting screws and 1 for the adjuster. I also found out there are 2 different capsules. One is a sealed beam and one has a replaceable bulb.
1967 CL77 Owner (work in progress)

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Re: Late model headlight

Post by e3steve » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 pm

seed wrote:Hello everyone,

I just ordered a headlight for my 1967 CP77 from ebay. Turns out it doesn't fit. My headlight uses screws to be secured not springs/clips. There is also an adjustment screw on the bottom of my headlight. Does anyone here know what the part # is for my headlight or if it's compatible with any other models. I'm not sure if this helps but my headlight also has a pilot light.

Thanks and regards,

Seed
You have the last-issue headlight rim with the additional adjuster screw (pretty much unnecessary). The parts listing is unclear as to whether or not the earlier rim fits all buckets; Ed would know for sure.

It may be easier to seek out the earlier-issue rim & clips than to find the correct beam unit.

seed
honda305.com Member

Post by seed » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks to everyone for your help! It was very appreciated. So, I fixed my headlight (lens was 90 degrees cocked clockwise) and now the replaceable bulb burnt out. Does anyone know anything about the replacement bulbs? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SEED

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:39 am

There's everything you need to know here. It's a UK site but includes diagrams and info about all types of lamp, Euro and USA prefocus included -- just click around the site. And Goffy sends worldwide.

I'm sure Retro Bikes must carry the lamps (bulbs) also; look down their list in the left and click on Lights/Lenses/Shells/ Rims.

seed
honda305.com Member

Post by seed » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks e3steve. I actually got the bulb size from one of your reply's on an old post. The bulb type is apf.

Thanks again,

Seed

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home