Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cb77 wheel sizes??

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
duffro
honda305.com Member

cb77 wheel sizes??

Post by duffro » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:40 am

I am interested in fitting a set of shouldered alloy rims to my superhawk. What size are the stock wheels and what sizes will fit? Thanks in advance!

Zentraedi
honda305.com Member

Re: cb77 wheel sizes??

Post by Zentraedi » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:01 pm

The stock rims are 18 inch, 32 hole. The only other info you need is the Effective Rim Diameter, or ERD. It's a common bicycle term that may or not be shared with motorcycles, but the principle is the same. ERD is diameter inside the rim from spoke hole to spoke hole. whatever rim you use aftermarket needs to be the same to use the same length spoke as the stock rims. Otherwise, you'll need new spokes too.

UConn337
honda305.com Member

Re: cb77 wheel sizes??

Post by UConn337 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:14 pm

Sorry the actual sizes escape me right now, I'll check on that. I know they are 18&quot; but I can't remeber the size... I will say I bought my rims (EXCEL) from Buchanan's Spoke and Rim. The trick to these bikes is that the spoke holes must be drilled at a wierd angle due to the bike having drum brakes. You can not buy stock modern 36 hole rims and expect them to lace up without a hitch. Buchanan's will custom cut the holes for your specific bike, or send them the drums and they will lace it up and everything. I had a great experience with them.<br /><br />-Bill

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home