Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

April 10th Baltimore Area Ride

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:00 pm

No sweat -- we'll catch you next time.

It looks like we'll have about 8 riders on our journey, and the weather calls for sunny skies and a high of 64 degrees. Perfect!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Well a good time was had by all today (at least that's what they told me!). All together we had 11 for breakfast at Martha and Mary's (the folks there are super-nice!), and we had 9 for the ride, which was eventually reduced to 7 because one couple (Karl and Katrina) had an engagement at 1pm (they managed to hang in for about 2/3 of the ride). The route was about 73-75 miles, and I only made one wrong turn -- sorry guys, I misread the sign - honest!

This was definitely the gastronomic tour, as we all seemed to have a ginormous breakfast at Martha and Mary's, then ending the journey at Broom's Bloom with various combinations of soup, macaroni and cheese, coffee and ice cream....yikes! Not to mention some of the prettiest roads in this part of Maryland. The highlights included the first portion of the Horses and Hounds route, followed by Hunters Mill Rd, Madonna and Telegraph Roads, and Fawn Hill Road. The not so great road was Rt. 543 (the last leg of the journey), and if I were to do this route again, I would probably choose another destination in the area that didn't involve going on Rt. 543, but unfortunately, to get to Broom's Bloom you had to use that road at some point.

All in all, a great day. It was a bit chilly in the morning, but by noon it had warmed up to about 60F. Minimal traffic on the backroads, and the only close call was a woman in a giant SUV that didn't quite get the concept of staying to the right.....

I'll try to post some photos later in the week -- my little pocket digital camera died last week, and I had to resort to using my 1937 Contax II with some 35mm colour film....remember film???

JeffA
honda305.com Member

Post by JeffA » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for getting this together Vince. I do think everyone had a good time. The route was a great mix scenery and speeds. I rode Scott's 750 directly home to save some time. It looks good in my garage. Maybe I won't swap it back tomorrow. ;-)
1996 Suzuki DR350

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 pm

JeffA wrote:Thanks for getting this together Vince. I do think everyone had a good time. The route was a great mix scenery and speeds. I rode Scott's 750 directly home to save some time. It looks good in my garage. Maybe I won't swap it back tomorrow. ;-)
He has so many bikes that I don't think he'll notice.....

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home