Post by Vince Lupo » Fri May 20, 2016 5:28 pm

A well-worn (and well-loved!) jacket.

Belstaff rules.

ImageBelstaff 2016 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

jensey
honda305.com Member

Post by jensey » Sat May 21, 2016 5:31 am

Hi Vince,

Well, if you're looking for two lane roads with turns in it, come to europe.

Jensen
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sat May 21, 2016 5:44 am

Would love to ride in Europe sometime (ship the bike over!). As far as two-lane roads with turns, there are no shortage of them here in Maryland. As much as I'm not a particular fan of Baltimore (I don't live in the city), it's great for what it's near -- in less than 30 minutes I can be away form the Interstates and urban density and on beautiful two-lane backroads with sharp turns, rolling hills, steep(ish) climbs and thrilling descents, narrow 10mph twists and 80mph straightaways. Definitely not Bavaria nor the Amalfi coast, but pretty nice nonetheless.

Maybe you should come here and I'll show you a few great roads :)

jensey
honda305.com Member

Post by jensey » Sat May 21, 2016 7:41 am

You don't have to ship anything over, just pick one of mine (CB450 or CB72).
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Beautiful day for a ride -- managed to fit 125 miles into the early morning, and was back to take care of the gardening honey-do's.

Stopped in New Freedom, PA, which is just over the Maryland state line. Found a nice place for some coffee, but I had this weird feeling that I was being watched.....

Last time I went for a ride, someone mistook my bike for a BSA. This time around someone thought my bike was a BMW :)

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 pm

It's been several years since I participated in any kind of bike show, but thought I'd take the plunge again last weekend. And at a Harley dealership no less! Rommel Harley-Davidson actually joined forces with Porsche of Annapolis (right next door), and they had a combination vintage bike show / Porsche show.

The SuperHawk was the only Honda in attendance -- I consider it a badge of honour :)

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:18 am

The beginnings of another project!

This winter I will finally - finally - fix that leaky head situation (the one in which the oil gets between the cast head and the 'skull' and leaks out through the seam around the spark plug holes). Thanks to our good friend, Loud Mouse (Ed Moore), I now have a new head to work with. And as a bonus, Ed sent me some very interesting camshafts. Definitely different than the stock ones, though I don't know much about them.

The head will sent to Ladd's here in the Baltimore area for porting/polishing/valve job, and my mechanic guru, John, will do the work.

Ed, if you have any additional info you'd like to share regarding this head (I think you said it was decked - do you know how much?), as well as those camshafts, that would be great.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home