Admirers

Japan Meets Britain

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Nice pic.
Is a bit COOL to ride here today. .................lm
Vince Lupo wrote:Hit the Maryland backroads again today, and put another 100 miles under the SuperHawk's belt.

Thought this was a nice spot to park the bike for a photo:

ImageSouthern States by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:50 pm

It's about 65 degrees here today, partly cloudy. Traffic wasn't too hideous.

I think this may possibly be my last ride for the year -- I looked at my rear tire last night, and it's quite worn down the middle (got just about 4 years out of this tire, so maybe 8,000-9,000 miles). I just ordered a replacement Heidenau 3.25x18 and tube from Kevin at Scrambler Cycle, but I don't know if John is going to have a chance to install it before the year's end.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 pm

That's pretty good mileage from that tire.
Have you considered having the feller with the carb set up problem call your mechanic?. ................lm
Vince Lupo wrote:It's about 65 degrees here today, partly cloudy. Traffic wasn't too hideous.

I think this may possibly be my last ride for the year -- I looked at my rear tire last night, and it's quite worn down the middle (got just about 4 years out of this tire, so maybe 8,000-9,000 miles). I just ordered a replacement Heidenau 3.25x18 and tube from Kevin at Scrambler Cycle, but I don't know if John is going to have a chance to install it before the year's end.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Carb setup? Don't know anything about that. I'll have to look in the 'carb' section!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 pm

He's using the carbs you have and is having speed tuning problems. ..........lm
Vince Lupo wrote:Carb setup? Don't know anything about that. I'll have to look in the 'carb' section!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:34 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:He's using the carbs you have and is having speed tuning problems. ..........lm
Vince Lupo wrote:Carb setup? Don't know anything about that. I'll have to look in the 'carb' section!
Yep, just read it. I posted a reply - not sure how much help it is. I can ask John if he remembers what jets we have in there and what the needle position is. I do know that there are 2.5 slides (the hardened anodised versions).

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:40 pm

I figured your mechanic will be able to help. .........................lm
Vince Lupo wrote:
LOUD MOUSE wrote:He's using the carbs you have and is having speed tuning problems. ..........lm
Yep, just read it. I posted a reply - not sure how much help it is. I can ask John if he remembers what jets we have in there and what the needle position is. I do know that there are 2.5 slides (the hardened anodised versions).

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home