Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Got it running today!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 pm

That is some hole for sure. .......lm

rampelsauce wrote:
G-Man wrote:Love that tractor. I used to drive one of those. Great 3 cyl engine but very noisy.

G
Noisy & a bit shaky, but does the job like none other. One of the greatest work horses Ford ever produced.

Back on topic, can anyone help identify the year of my bike with the engine and frame #'s?

Loud Mouse- I know that JB Weld is one of the greatest substances known to man (Right up there with WD-40 and Methyl Ethyl Keytone), but I can fit my hand thru these holes. I mean, its huge. I was going to weld in patch work, but right now the shop is low on donor sheet metal. I figured I would go with the fiberglass solution, because the two part epoxy is fuel resistant. On top of that, I have glass and goop on hand. And since my petcock was destroyed, Im using just a simple on off switch and putting a generous in line fuel filter on it (the clear type, because I like seeing whats in my gas). This is all temporary, of course, until I find my new tank with a nice petcock. My tank isnt a big loss anyway, the thing looks like someone just discovered bondo when the got their hands on it.

Anyhow, Im going to stop rambling on. Thanks everyone!

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 am

rampelsauce wrote:
G-Man wrote:Love that tractor. I used to drive one of those. Great 3 cyl engine but very noisy.

G

Back on topic, can anyone help identify the year of my bike with the engine and frame #'s?

Thanks everyone!
Should be a 1965 or later. 7 digit vin #s began in 65 and continued till 67.
Look for a tag on the wiring harness under the tank.
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home