Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

My 1962 Honda Dream

geoffp
honda305.com Member

My 1962 Honda Dream

Post by geoffp » Sun May 26, 2013 9:27 am

Hello everyone,

Been lurking on here for a little while now and I thought it was time to post up my bike. It's a 1962 Dream 305cc. Bought it while I was in Hawaii (Living in Sacramento, CA now). This is actually my first motorcycle, I looked at everything prior to this. This bike stood out and seemed like a fun bike. I bought it in November 2011, left the island in June 2012. I feel bad admitting this but I haven't taken it out of my garage much since I moved out here. The tail light lens fell off and broke (hasn't been easy sourcing a new lens cover).

Anyway, here are some photo's:

1962 Honda Dream by geoffp516, on Flickr

1962 Honda Dream - North Shore Hawaii by geoffp516, on Flickr

Swapped on the solo seat:

I need to find the springs for the solo seat, anyone have any good source for that? I took the bike out yesterday and started her up - she run's good for sitting all winter. Right before I left Hawaii I had the bike fully tuned up. She's mad at me for letting her sit all winter : (

conbs
honda305.com Member

Cool Pictures

Post by conbs » Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

geoff, Those are some pretty cool pictures. I think the more beautiful the background, the more a Dream looks at home.

Have you looked on Ebay for the lens. I think I have seen them from time to time. I think the guys from Asia have repops that are cheap, which is probably what you want if you are going to ride it. Or, you could put an LED bulb in it and put some thread locker on the screws.

Nice looking bike.

pknopp
honda305.com Member

Post by pknopp » Sun May 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Very nice, I love the early bikes.

geoffp
honda305.com Member

Re: Cool Pictures

Post by geoffp » Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 am

conbs wrote:geoff, Those are some pretty cool pictures. I think the more beautiful the background, the more a Dream looks at home.

Have you looked on Ebay for the lens. I think I have seen them from time to time. I think the guys from Asia have repops that are cheap, which is probably what you want if you are going to ride it. Or, you could put an LED bulb in it and put some thread locker on the screws.

Nice looking bike.
Haven't checked eBay yet, will do. Anyone got any input on finding the seat springs? Thanks for the comments.

MississippiDreamin
honda305.com Member

Post by MississippiDreamin » Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Where did you get the solo seat ??????

geoffp
honda305.com Member

Post by geoffp » Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 pm

MississippiDreamin wrote:Where did you get the solo seat ??????
Mississippi Dreamin - seat came with the bike when I bought her.

61Dreamin
honda305.com Member

Post by 61Dreamin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 am

Without sounding like a complete stalker hopefully, I have been searching for that seat for a few years now. When I found a bunch of pictures of your bike, I was able to track the guy down that built/restored and sold the bike to 'someone in Hawaii', but understandably he would not divulge the buyers info, you I assume.

I am going to come right out and say it man. I really want to buy that solo seat, and will probably pay too much for it. If you still have it, and are willing to sell it, please let me know. my Paypal account is ready to go, or whatever payment method you like.

My restoration project has been on hold because I have not found a solo seat I am willing to bolt to my bike due to OCD levels of pickiness.

At any rate, that is one seriously sweet Dream, and the reason I started building a white 61 seamless tank Dream a year and a half ago. Good to see you are still enjoying it!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home