Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Noob

powerwheels125
honda305.com Member

Noob

Post by powerwheels125 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello, I just got a Dream! I'll be fixing it up over the winter so be prepared for questions!!! Hopefully I can find most of the info without bothering anyone too much. I'll be posting some photos whenever I can snap them in the daylight. It's running right now but needs tires & a tank coating before it could likely be ridden regularly. Any tips for a newby with a rusty ol' 305 Dream?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Noob

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Ya signed up with a forum name but didn't include where ya located. ............lm
powerwheels125 wrote:Hello, I just got a Dream! I'll be fixing it up over the winter so be prepared for questions!!! Hopefully I can find most of the info without bothering anyone too much. I'll be posting some photos whenever I can snap them in the daylight. It's running right now but needs tires & a tank coating before it could likely be ridden regularly. Any tips for a newby with a rusty ol' 305 Dream?

powerwheels125
honda305.com Member

Post by powerwheels125 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Sorry, how's that? I guess I didn't see that option when I registered, thanks.

Anyhow, I tried to ride my Dream around the culdesac a couple times just now and noticed a problem...
the shift lever is way too close to the foot peg. I can't even get my foot between it when I have my boots on
and I have small feet! It looks like the easiest thing would be to move the foot peg back, but then it wouldn't
line up with the right foot peg. What do you guys think? I'll have to get an up-close photo some time, but for
now, here she is all nestled in the scooter-port, got some work ahead of me, but can't wait to get started!

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 am

powerwheels125 wrote:Sorry, how's that? I guess I didn't see that option when I registered, thanks.

Anyhow, I tried to ride my Dream around the culdesac a couple times just now and noticed a problem...
the shift lever is way too close to the foot peg. I can't even get my foot between it when I have my boots on
and I have small feet! It looks like the easiest thing would be to move the foot peg back, but then it wouldn't
line up with the right foot peg. What do you guys think? I'll have to get an up-close photo some time, but for
now, here she is all nestled in the scooter-port, got some work ahead of me, but can't wait to get started!
Congrats on your acquisition and welcome to The Forum. Please post an image of your shift pedal problem. The OEM pedal is a 'see-saw' type pedal, but not sure if that was all model-years.

G'luck with the project!

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 am

Welcome!
First thing you will need is some elbow grease.
Mufflers are hard to come by unless you are willing to pay big bucks.
Write down your vin # and keep it handy when looking for parts, as many changed in the middle of a production year.
Some sources for common needs:

http://www.olypen.com/retro/
or
http://www.ohiocycle.com/
or
http://www.siriusconinc.com/
or
http://www.westernhillshondayamaha.com/
Good luck!
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

powerwheels125
honda305.com Member

Post by powerwheels125 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Cool Brewsky, thanks for the links, my VINs are CA77E-102224 & CA78-102209, does that make it a '64 or '65 or some other year?

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Should be a '64
66 dream, 78 cb750k, 02fz1, 09 wing

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home