Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Kick Start Has me baffled

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

kicker

Post by rustywrench » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Davo,
I once had a similar problem as yours. The kicker started falling forward coming to rest on foot peg.
I'm not a CA guy but I think the CA's are the same as the CL's in this department so I'll share what I found with mine. Since I didn't know much about the rest-stop part, I went through an old parts engine and found that the K/S stopper was in fact the end of a large bolt that the gear select follower rotated on. I found that this bolt had backed off just enough to allow the K/S mechanism to pass by the end of the bolt.
So,,, before you set a case split on your agenda, pull the clutch case off and look to the right of the clutch. There you will find a long mechanism that has a small wheel on the end that follows detentes in the shift drum. Check that 18mm bolt for tight. If it is not loose then you're up a creek with internal problems like Davomoto suggests.

Davo
honda305.com Member

Post by Davo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 am

thanks for the suggestion, I have an additional parts bike that i think i will break down first to get a feel for how it should look. I will give it a try thanks for your help I'll keep you up to date.

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 am

Remove the outer cover.
Grasp the end of the splined shaft.
Rotate it forwards
If it hits a stop, refit the outer cover
If it just keeps rotating for a complete revolution the stop is loose/damaged

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home