Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

new to the forum

rockandrollwar
honda305.com Member

new to the forum

Post by rockandrollwar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Hello all,
I just became a member of the forum and decided to introduce myself. My name is Steve and i'm a 24 year old cook that lives in Virginia. After gaining much interest in my grandfathers '66 superhawk years ago, I decided to purchase a honda out of the 305 empire recently. I picked up a 64 ca77 in August for a fair price. The thing I learned about old bikes is that you always have to expect to redo what someone rigged. So after a couple months of fine tuning with my father, I finally got it running right, and man was it worth it! The 305 is what motorcycles sould be. Not only is it a very fun machine, but it turns so many heads as well, whether it be a father who remembers his dad owning one, or the fat cat on a harley frowning because your 305 has so much more charisma than his 20 grand bike. Anyways I just bought a "parts bike" and decided to rebuild it instead. Its complete with compression in the engine so what the hell, i'm going for it. If anyone is interested in an original muffler for a ca77 let me know i'm willing to trade for some parts I really need. As much as I would like the original, I would rather have a running bike instead. I also came across the original whitewalls in almot new condition. Or I am also willing to pay a fair price for parts. Thanks for letting ramble and letting me part of the 305 community. Happy new year

steve

Gun
honda305.com Member

Post by Gun » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 pm

happy new year steve! well said about the guys with the harleys. :p
'65 CB77
'66 CB450k0
'93 HD FXR

Waggs
honda305.com Member

Post by Waggs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Greetings Steve, I relate to your enthusiasim. I have been enjoying my CL77 so much so it is an automatic choice when I leave for a ride. Now to adress the issue of the Harley rider. I'm a Harley owner and rider of many many years. I choose to own and ride older Harley's (1939 UL, 1967 FLH, 1967 servi and a newer one we take trips on) So I can say with confidence and experance that the Fat Cats sporting frowns your talking about are real and I choose not to be aroud that and I don't think it's because of your 305, It's there when only Harley's are around. I can't past one of these beautiful Honda's without stopping to look. Good Luck and welcome, Waggs

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home