Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Need help for Cl77 kick start spindle

don111
honda305.com Member

Need help for Cl77 kick start spindle

Post by don111 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:25 am

I am new on the board. I really need help. I purchased Cl77 about 2 months ago. The bike may be 1967-1968. candy orange gas tank with chrome front and rear fenders.

Does anyone know where can i find the cl77 kick start spindle? Mine are broke from the day the purchased. I am looking for about a month on eBay but non are show up. Also, does the Ca77 or Cb77 kick start spindle will fit cl77?

Thank you for all help.

Dgormley
honda305.com Member

KS spindle

Post by Dgormley » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 am

Don, I think all the spindles are the same. Post your location and ya might find one of us close enough ta help ya out..............D

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

kick start

Post by rustywrench » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 am

Don,
Just to be clear, are you needing the spindle shaft that goes through the tranny or the yoke at the end of the kick lever? I ask because the most common problem is the yoke that cracks and slips on the shaft. I have both and could send it along for a reasonable price. But then it would be handy to know where ya live. I will not ship abroad, too much involved. Kindly edit your profile,,,,,,,,,Rusty

don111
honda305.com Member

Re: kick start

Post by don111 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 pm

rustywrench wrote:Don,
Just to be clear, are you needing the spindle shaft that goes through the tranny or the yoke at the end of the kick lever? I ask because the most common problem is the yoke that cracks and slips on the shaft. I have both and could send it along for a reasonable price. But then it would be handy to know where ya live. I will not ship abroad, too much involved. Kindly edit your profile,,,,,,,,,Rusty
Rusty,

I think, I need the spindle shaft (the spindle that go through the engine). The engine is stuck and i believe the previous owner force to start the bike. So, it ended up brake the main spindle.

I live in Chicago, IL. You can contact me at kkongsin@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Don

don111
honda305.com Member

Re: KS spindle

Post by don111 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Dgormley wrote:Don, I think all the spindles are the same. Post your location and ya might find one of us close enough ta help ya out..............D
D,
Thank you for your advise. I think, all spindles are the same too because of all engines are the same size 305CC and similar style.

However, someone told me that they are different and i have no idea about it. If i can find once in the correct type, that would be perfect. Also, I live in Chicago, IL

Thanks,

Don

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

spindle

Post by rustywrench » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Don,
Thanks for telling us where you live, now I know I can't just drop by your house with a part on the way home from work. Now go to your profile where you signed up here and include your location cuz we're going to bug you till you do.
So here is how this works for your part. I have a used spindle in working order and will gladly sell it to you. PM your address and I'll issue instructions for pay pal and send it on when I see the funds. Welcome to the forum by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rusty

305 nut
honda305.com Member

kIck spindle

Post by 305 nut » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:26 pm

I believe the kick spindles are still available from honda. If you log onto western hills honda in cincinnatti oh. he should have them in stock. Ask for Terry Williamson in the vintage parts department. He's very helpful. I will tell you though, the last one I bought was 125.00 and thats been a couple of years ago. Hope this helps. nut

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home