Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cl77 seat base/rear mount colour

kl
honda305.com Member

cl77 seat base/rear mount colour

Post by kl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:14 pm

hi guys from u.k.i will be starting a full resto.job on this bike soon.i got from emo what colour parts should be to do it red/silver.i had the seat fully restored(powder coated/new foam/cover)but i had the base/rear mounts done in black.i saw on ebay a low mileage machine and the rear mounts are RED.should the rear mounts be red or indeed should the whole seat base be red?if so i have goofed up big style!by the way my upholsterer was worried about trying to match the vinyl before he saw it as cl,s are very rare over here.no problem!the "grain"is an exact match for ,60;s english sport cars(e.g mg,spitfire,seats/tonneau covers etc.according to him)so this may be of help to anyone.thanks-kl
keith laycock

jwbert
honda305.com Member

Re: cl77 seat base/rear mount colour

Post by jwbert » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:18 pm

I recently restored an early CL77 seat, and as I was stripping the paint, which was black, I noticed that at one point the entire seat pan had been red, so leads me to believe that on the red silver bikes, the entire seat pan was red.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: cl77 seat base/rear mount colour

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:53 pm

You are sort of correct. SOme were red but not all. ..............LM
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home