□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

I spy

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:20 am

That is a gorgeous herd of bikes you have there. And I agree, you do very nice work.

I understand the frustration of having them and not being able to tend to them all. I only have few and I'm starting to realize that.

It's good that you posted this point for others to read. I search the ads every day for another bike. Just called a guy on a 350-4 Honda. I tell myself these will be my retirement therapy projects. I also tell myself when we move and build a new retirement home, there will be a spot for many if not all of the bikes to be tastefully displayed. But I think I'm going to start enjoying what others have and not coveting every bike I see.

I tend to think that some of this desire to own them all comes from thinking about the brand new ones we kept for a year or two and sold to get the next new one when we were young. Now we want them all back.

It's kinda like wanting to have the lifestyle that Hugh Hefner had. It sure does look great. But in reality, I don't think I'd be able to service all those pristine models either ;-) It's probably better just to look.

regards,
Rob

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Ok, time to put myself out there! I recently bought this bike from a guy that I did 2 engine builds for, one of them being the engine in this bike. He lost interest, and had some health issues, part way through, and offered it to me to buy. 60 hours, and more than a few parts later, here she is. Sorry, pictures suck, but have at it!

Davo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

Post by rustywrench » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

You sure do pretty work, Dave. I wish I had the patience and/or the $$$$$ for that kind of resto. Rusty

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home