honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

so i just found out that i have a CP77 not a CB77....

reverus
honda305.com Member

so i just found out that i have a CP77 not a CB77....

Post by reverus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:25 pm

so here is some backround, last year my girlfriend and I inherited what I thought was a cb77, the bike was under some blankets in the back of a storage in my girlfriends now deceased father's house house.
I've been getting her running again (the bike was amazingly well stored and extreemly clean) with the plans to build a good clean cafe' with no serious modifications. well i've had her running now for a few weeks and we've been searching for the title.

we found the title and upon inspection i found out it is infact a CP not a CB, i have the original title (he was the original owner) from 1965. the title is a new mexico title but im reading that CP's were canandian and JDM bikes only? was this some sort of special model? before i change the title over to myself is there anything i should know?

reverus
honda305.com Member

Post by reverus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:59 pm

update: upon closer inspection the title is not from 1965 but later,
spoke with bill silver and aparently because the insturments read in MPH not KPH it is possible that the bike was sold in the asian islands. The original owner was infact in the islands durring the 60's with the navy im guessing he must have had it shiped back to the states, anyway, its neet to dig up the history on this old machine.

here is a picture of how she sits today as my daily driver. I still have the turnsiglans and highriser handle bars but prefer riding with the flatbars installed here.

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Nice bike and a great piece of family history. Hope you don't ride it like that without mufflers.

reverus
honda305.com Member

Post by reverus » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

until i get new muffler i am, besides the obnoxious sound.. is it somehow bad for the motor to run without pipes?

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

Post by bill440cars » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 am

reverus wrote:until i get new muffler i am, besides the obnoxious sound.. is it somehow bad for the motor to run without pipes?
Because of low back pressure, you can burn a valve. Nice Super Hawk though, Congratulations on that.
Working Toward Being Able To Work On MY Motorcycle Projects (Trying To Get Past "Other" Projects & I Think I Am Making Progress?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home