Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

First post, a request and greetings

drycounty
honda305.com Member

First post, a request and greetings

Post by drycounty » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:44 pm

Hey <br /><br />First post here, so greetings everyone!<br /><br />I just picked up a running '65 Super Hawk (ebay purchase in case anyone recognizes the photo) along with two spare frames, two spare engines and a ton of parts for around $1170 (in my mind, a great bargain). There looks to be enough parts to adequately assemble 80% of another bike. The only problem is I'm not too mechanically inclined -- I've rebuilt top ends before, but that's about it. Nonethless, I'm excited and looking forward to a winter challenge.<br /><br />The runner is in great shape despite the fact that it has over 40k on it -- it travelled across the USA twice in the 70s and was rebuilt top to bottom in the mid 80s by the previous owner (in Japan, btw). Other modifications made were replacing the bars with higher, motocross style bars, painting the fenders and side covers, shortening the front fender and adding turn signals...<br /><br />I'm considering either buying a set of standard pistons and rings or going with a larger bore 350 kit (which I should be getting with the parts soon). What would you all recommend? If I undergo this task, I'm also considering rebuilding the entire engine.<br /><br />Any/all help appreciated! Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Erik / Richmond VA USA

Pigeonalley
honda305.com Member

Re: First post, a request and greetings

Post by Pigeonalley » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:15 pm

Erik<br /><br /> Could we get a right profile shot of your bike? Could you email me pictures I would like to see more of this bike.<br /><br />Rob
Old bikes like old men, sometimes you have to kick start them

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home