Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What changed?

Lefty Loosey
honda305.com Member

Post by Lefty Loosey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Do yourself a favor and order Bill Silver's books
It's kind of like "The Dance of the Seven Veils". First I bought the Clymer reprint, and I got a general idea. Then I bought the shop manual, and another veil is off, but what I'm looking at is still rather undefined. I want to get to the last veil already! Which of Mr. Silver's books do I want to get first? I want to tear the engine down, first and foremost.

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Do you have a copy of teh parts book. They show every change that was made. Unfortunately they don't describe the change or the implications of the changes.

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 am

Lefty Loosey wrote:
Do yourself a favor and order Bill Silver's books
It's kind of like "The Dance of the Seven Veils". First I bought the Clymer reprint, and I got a general idea. Then I bought the shop manual, and another veil is off, but what I'm looking at is still rather undefined. I want to get to the last veil already! Which of Mr. Silver's books do I want to get first? I want to tear the engine down, first and foremost.
Engine guide if your doing the engine right away, but I recommend ordering both, and reading them cover to cover a few times.

Davo
davomoto
64 CB77
63-7 CB77 Cafe'
67 CL77
64 CL72
66 CL77 big bore flat tracker
Many others!

Lefty Loosey
honda305.com Member

Post by Lefty Loosey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 pm

While doing an online search of Bill Silver I came across this: http://www.cyclepedia.com/honda-250-305 ... ll-silver/

The demo, which is for a much newer vehicle, looks like the answer to my needs, but I wanted to see if anyone here has used the Cyclepedia online manual before.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home