□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

maybe buying this bike..cb77 1965??

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm

well i got the bike today! title all straightened out so i am legal. i got it home, put some oil in it and spun the rear tire and it turned over!!! so i pulled the points cover off and sanded the points, took the carbs bowels off and they were totally clean. no varnish whatsoever. i made some fuel line and hooked them to the carbs, the gas tank has some rust, and put a jump box to it and did a few small cranks with the plugs out. good spark and plenty of compression. I didnt check it with a meter but i could not hold my finger over the hole on either side while holding the start button. After about 5-10 minutes, it started and ran perfect! i let it run all the gas in the long fuel lines out and did it again. Now it starts every time i hit the key with the modified fuel source. Now i just ordered a gas cap for it from my service center,,$6 and i have to get a new battery and a key. They did not have a key available so i will search elsewhere on that. i will get some more pics in the next couple of days. i am now officially hooked!

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:25 pm

also anyone with key info, my cylinder # is va626. anyone who may have access to a key please let me know. thanks

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home