□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

'65 Superhawk (CB77)

fervus
honda305.com Member

Post by fervus » Sun May 20, 2007 4:53 am

Hey all, after long consideration and saving money, I'm sending off the check for this bike on monday, and I'm already buying pieces for it on ebay. I actually wanted to make sure that the Keyster carb rebuild kit on eBay was the right one... how do I know if I have the square or round carb?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun May 20, 2007 7:26 am

This bike has the square bowl carbs. ...............lm

fervus wrote:Hey all, after long consideration and saving money, I'm sending off the check for this bike on monday, and I'm already buying pieces for it on ebay. I actually wanted to make sure that the Keyster carb rebuild kit on eBay was the right one... how do I know if I have the square or round carb?

fervus
honda305.com Member

Post by fervus » Sun May 20, 2007 12:52 pm

thanks... that's another part on it's way ;)
also, the PO says this bike is a CB305, whatever that is, but the #s on the frame and on the engine start with CB77... which means it's a CB77, right?

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sun May 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Thats Right !

fervus
honda305.com Member

Post by fervus » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:15 am

Alright, I have a few more questions...
I got the petcock off (that was an adventure... with gasoline...) and I want to take the carbs off to clean them - is there anything I have to worry about regarding this? I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a little scared of hurting the bike... I took some pictures and have specific questions...

A: Where the weird custom petcock goes into the tank. not sure why I circled this... yay beer!

B: the tubes to the air filters... I need to replace these... is there a part # I should look for or would generic black rubber tubing in the correct size work?

C: Ahh, now we get to the nitty gritty - it's these screws that I remove to remove the carb, right? Do I need to worry about nuts or bolts falling into the engine? I'm guessing I should remove the throttle cables first, but I'm not really sure how to go about that either.

D: Do I need a new wiring harness? Could I just tape this one up a bit and tuck it in, or is that a bad idea?

E: Heh... custom air filters?

F: This is where I remove the throttle cable, yes? Do I unscrew the big one or the small one first?

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions... I'm excited to really get to know what I'm doing and get to know this bike.

-Charles

fervus
honda305.com Member

Post by fervus » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:18 am

the delay was caused by work and a 2&1/2 week family reunion trip, by the way, not just being a slacker... which I've been guilty of before but I'm really excited about this bike.

here's a picture of the weird petcock, too...

look ma, no screen/filter!

fervus
honda305.com Member

Post by fervus » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 am

OK I found a thread that talks about what to use for the air filter tube, and in another thread someone mentioned heat-shrink tubing for the wiring... so ignore those questions I guess... I'm still concerned that I'm going to do something wrong when I take those carbs off though, I'd really appreciate any guidance / pointers... thanks.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home