Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Frame Vin Number Location on CB72?

stew_bidasso
honda305.com Member

Frame Vin Number Location on CB72?

Post by stew_bidasso » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:55 am

I know this is a dumb question, and probably not in the correct forum (wasn't sure where to ask it), but I can't seem to find a frame vin number on my CB72 (well, the engine vin says it's a 1963 CB72, but I don't know if the frame and engine match).

I think the person that owned it before me spray painted the frame, so if it was stamped shallowly on the frame, it may be covered by paint, but if I knew where to look, I could maybe shine it with a nice bright flash light and see it. Any help is appreciated in advance.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Frame Vin Number Location on CB72?

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 pm

At the front left side of the frame below the top tripple clamp is a flat area and the numbers should be there. ...........lm

stew_bidasso wrote:I know this is a dumb question, and probably not in the correct forum (wasn't sure where to ask it), but I can't seem to find a frame vin number on my CB72 (well, the engine vin says it's a 1963 CB72, but I don't know if the frame and engine match).

I think the person that owned it before me spray painted the frame, so if it was stamped shallowly on the frame, it may be covered by paint, but if I knew where to look, I could maybe shine it with a nice bright flash light and see it. Any help is appreciated in advance.

stew_bidasso
honda305.com Member

Post by stew_bidasso » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Thanks LoudMouse, I felt stupid for asking, and once you know where they are, it seems really hard to miss :)

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:14 pm

Ya asked a good question and never think we haven't been there ourselves. ..........lm

uote="stew_bidasso"]Thanks LoudMouse, I felt stupid for asking, and once you know where they are, it seems really hard to miss :)[/quote]

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home