□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

custom CB77 "finally" nearing completion

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Tue May 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Stout, she looks great! The seat turned out really nice. Nice work, you should be proud!

davomoto

66Replica
honda305.com Member

Post by 66Replica » Tue May 19, 2009 5:23 pm

NICE seat! Any details on the process of building it?

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Turned out really nice. I'd love to see some higher res photos of the bike. Two questions:

- Did you paint the engine's heads?
- What kind of tires are those, and what size?

stout
honda305.com Member

Post by stout » Wed May 20, 2009 6:23 am

The seat is one of the few things I didn't do by myself. My friend did all of the foam and cover work. As for the seat pan we laid down a couple layers of masking tape over the bike and covered the rest in clear plastic then put down 3 or 4 layers of fiberglass. I epoxied the front seat catches (from the stock seat pan) onto the fiberglass and it is held down in the back with rubber rivet nuts through the stock slots in the frame. The foam was made in layers (about 1.5" thick) glued together and then shaped using a saw; it's similar to an electric meat carving saw but a little bigger.

I painted the whole engine with Dupli-color cast coat aluminum high temp engine paint, and the side covers are standard duplicolor, storm gray.

The tires are Avon Roadriders, can't remember the size for sure. I'll look and email you those when I send you some high res pics.

Thanks again for the compliments,
- Stout

Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Wed May 20, 2009 6:35 am

Right on. Looks like we used the same Dupli-color paint on the engine and got the same tires. I'm curious to see what they look like on a more traditional restore. I'm also curious to see how the paint is gonna hold up. I'll keep my eyes peeled in my inbox.
stout wrote:I painted the whole engine with Dupli-color cast coat aluminum high temp engine paint, and the side covers are standard duplicolor, storm gray.

The tires are Avon Roadriders, can't remember the size for sure. I'll look and email you those when I send you some high res pics.

slopokecr
honda305.com Member

Post by slopokecr » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Wow! what a neat and unique looking bike! The no-front-fender suits the look, are you going to keep it frontfenderless?

stout
honda305.com Member

Post by stout » Wed May 20, 2009 3:20 pm

I thought about putting a front fender on it before I had it out of the shop, but decided not to in order to save time and get riding. But now that it is together, I think I'll leave it just the way it is. Thanks,
Stout

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home