Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Charlies new ignitions

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Thu May 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Looks like I may get my new Electronic ignition in June, well that is the month for my 70th birthday just hope I last long enough to enjoy a CB77 with 21st century ignition.

adriennevy
honda305.com Member

Post by adriennevy » Mon May 26, 2014 3:16 pm

I had the electronic ignition installed at Charlie's Place last year when they were still in SF, and it made such a HUGE difference in starting the bike. I don't know how I ever got by without it.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:00 am

Well coming up to the end of June and NO electronic ignition to be fair to Charlies Place they mailed me to tell me well here's the mail - dated 20/6/2014 -

I am writing to you with an update / both good news and bad news... We have your ignition unit here; assembled and ready to go (good news!). However, (bad news) there has been an unexpected delay in the manufacturing of the rotors.
Please accept our sincere apology: we are now being informed that we won't receive the rotors for the CB160/175/200 until the end of next week. As soon as we can, we will send out your order. We are very eager to have you receive and enjoy it!
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Charlie's Place

I have all my fingers crossed maybe July I will get it.

Watch this space for the fireworks when it arrives when.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:07 am

For them that are following the ignition from Charlie's my latest email 30th June --

Hi Mike,
We altered some of the rotors to work with our ignitions - they aren't pretty (see pic) but they do work! After they're installed and under the points cover you won't know the difference, but they're not the golden beautifulness that we'd like to send you.... It's your choice: would you like me to go ahead and send you your two ignitions now - one of which will be an ugly, modified rotor --- or do you prefer to wait for the "real thing" ?
Thanks again for your patience
Sincerely,
Toast / Charlie's Place

Six months and I get a offer of a ugly one well story of my life.

The tension is mounting I have sent for the ugly one.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:11 am

IT'S HERE HOORAY

Not fitted the electronic ignition yet engine under total rebuild I do not belive what I have found in this so called restored CB77 but with help from G-MAN I will get there in the end.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home