Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

I had a blast!

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
gideon
honda305.com Member

I had a blast!

Post by gideon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, after a year of asking you guys stupid questions and pissing and moaning, I took the old '68 CL77 with the '62 CA77 motor on it out for a ride and it was bad ass ! Finally, I JB'ed the tank and carb and got the old gal started and both cylinders firing and it was shifting tight and I WAS IMPRESSED! I've only spent appr. $150 on this bike and it 's GOT IT ! It's got power and pick up and sounds good without mufflers- I woke up the neighborhood - I finally learned a little about how motors work and probably need to put $700 into it to get a nice ride. Thanks for all your advice and support ! It's low down and high out put -good for intown and I think it must be the epitome of Jap tech- basic, and well designed . I always wanted a 305 when I was a kid on a 125, so thank you , Jesus , for letting me have one .

raindriver
honda305.com Member

Post by raindriver » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Glad to hear you're happy with the bike.

...slip on a muffler or two, then both you AND your neighbours will be happy! :)

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home