Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

try at the mild chopper idea

russ
honda305.com Member

Post by russ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:04 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/112453054 ... 468527278/ OK , so I misinterpreted the description I read in the gallery . the guy who did this mod said it added 4"1/2" to the wheelbase . so in my ultimate stupidity I thought the straps were 4"1/2" , hahahahahah,hahah. as you can see from the flickr pics it looks awesome . till I rode it down the street and seemed a bit wobbley , so on way back up slight grade to house I tightened the steering damper to see if it would help , hahahaha,hahahh .it didn't ,at about 12 miles an hour it went uncontrollable and all I could do was aim at curb and dive into grass by road . Nice save , only busted alt cover . so I examined the other guys pics and reread description and realized my mistake . I also used angle instead of strap as I thought it would be better , not , as the strap will conform and the angle is to solid . so I will try again . any Ideas in this endeavor would be very appreciated . the seat is a 2 piece from a 96 suzy LS650 savage , if any care.

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

not good

Post by jleewebb » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Proves the old adage that "not every idea is a good idea."
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Hence my belief that tools should be licensed and not guns.

regards,
Rob

russ
honda305.com Member

Post by russ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 pm

yea , whatever . nothing ventured nothing learned , how about ideas and help learning the geometry , which I've already begun doing . have I offended a purist or what . guess you were born perfect and had all intellect needed. later man , whatever .

G3
honda305.com Member

whatever man

Post by G3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Boy, that one ended in the weeds. Whatever.

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh come on. Don't be so thin skinned. Sorry if I offended you. But you could have hurt yourself severely or someone else in the process.

I don't know why some think that they know more than the factory when it comes to things like motorcycle geometry. Not that there are not things yet to be discovered. But there are smarter ways to go about it. Remember, you don't know what you don't know. We all have to contend with that.

I would humbly suggest that you open a book up or do some research on the internet if you want to learn about motorcycle geometry and chassis design. It's a lot safer. If the Wright brothers had followed a similar path, the Railroads might still be doing a booming business.

Again, sorry if I hurt your feelings or insulted you. But if I've managed to stop you or someone else from hurting them self, then it's a small price to pay.

regards,
Rob

russ
honda305.com Member

Post by russ » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:32 pm

sorry . bad day. learning curve , am reading

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home